US drug czar

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StoneColdChilla, Jun 11, 2009.

1. I know im preaching to choir here but i was just doing some reading. The acting drug czar has a degree in criminal justice. I feel that this insinuates that our policy is to treat drug users as criminals and not victims, hard drugs I mean. I think the drug czar ought to be someone with a medical degree and not a masters in criminal justice.

2. Yea that would make sense. If the government ever had our best interests in mind.

3. #3 Raoul Duke II, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
    The problem with that is that even the medical institutions are filled with prohibitionists. Look at the AMA. At the time cannabis was outlawed, they were a major opponent to it, because of the medicinal values that have been known to man since prehistory. Almost every asian medical book going as far back as 3000BC has cannabis as one of the mst valuable medicines. As cannabis spread to other parts of the world, doctors and writers quickly put it in their medical books too.

Now look, AMA is one of the governments biggest supporters of the government's claims that weed is a devil drug that will kill. We're pretty much fucked forever, unless we have massive change of government procedure and operation.