US Currency Inflation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Contradictions, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Currency inflation is very obviously a rising problem in the issue of the United States $16+ trillion debt, and the issues of the economy.

Thoughts on the situation and suggestive alternatives? (If any at all)

2. Alternative to inflation = stop inflating. Deflation would be nice. It would be refreshing to see prices fall for the first time in my life.

3. Kill the federal reserve, it's literally the only way to stop it before our currency becomes worthless, not changing anything will surly stop inflation because soon our dollar will no longer buy a damn thing. So we have two choices, continue on the road we are going down and let the federal reserve destroy our country literally, or we can kill the central bank as we've done twice already in our nation's history.

4. I remember when gas was 5$ a gallon

I just hope when I get a job the economy isn't fucked

5. You don't live in America do you? If so where the hell are you to have to pay so much :eek:

6. I 100% agree. But what exactly are the steps to deflation? To cut spending, or somewhat end the debt, right? Well.. With the Federal Reserve continuing to just print money out of thin air.. Deflation is just not going to happen. Not anytime soon, anyways. I'd imagine the economy would need to completely fall to do any type of growth whatsoever. But that's a completely different discussion..

7. What exactly do you mean by "kill the Federal Reserve"? How would we go about influencing the Federal Reserve whatsoever?

8. Inflation is an increase in the monetary supply, the first step to deflation would be to simply stop printing money. It would still be a slow process with fiat dollars, and could potentially take years and years for our dollar to get back to the purchasing power it had before the Federal Reserve was ever created. If Washington D.C. really wanted to curb inflation they would've voted on and passed Ron Paul's Competing Currency's bill that never even saw the light of day. This would of allowed commodity back currencies to exist in a market dominated by fiat currencies.

9. The government shuts the federal reserve down, they are a private bank, and the government allows it's renewal. We can't influence something that has a strangle hold on every man, woman, and child in the country (and around the world), all you can do is literally shut it down completely. It's an infection, you can't regulate it if it controls the income for the whole country, you can only eradicate it like we've done before.

10. So what you're saying is HIGHLY unlikely, so are you saying the collapse of the US Dollar is inevitable, seeing how there are no steps man can take besides again, relying on the government to bail us out and shut down the reserve? It just won't happen. I highly doubt it. Today your dollar is worth more than it most likely ever will be worth again.

11. Step 1 is to let interest rates rise to market levels (i.e., stop keeping rates artificially low) and forbid the Federal Reserve from entering the market and buying assets of any kind. Those are the primary tools of inflation, without them a natural deflation, both monetary and price level, would occur. To accelerate the deflation even more the fractional reserve ratio required by banks could be raised. It's currently 10:1. That could be gradually raised to any higher ratio up to 1:1, which is the maximum, or 100% reserve.

12. Of course there are things to do but those dont matter. Everything is planned, and everything happens for a reason. Our economy will continue to decline until it crashes. Im calling it now!

13. Damn, 10:1? That's insane.. but is there anything I can do, we can do, as American citizens, in your opinion? I mean not all of us can go send a law, or bill to congress.

14. The dollar, since the Federal Reserve, has always been worth more at that point in time than it ever would be in the future, which is why the collapse of the dollar is inevitable.

We are loaned the money from the bank (like a house lone except this money is to run the country and economy) we are supposed to pay the money they print for us back with interest (and they don't print money to pay off the interest) so there is literally no paying the debt back without taking every dollar out of circulation, and after that there is no way to pay back the interest. The dollar will either collapse, or we will have to kill the Federal Reserve, and we all know what happened to JFK, nobody has tried again since.

We can not take any steps unless we as a group of people can shut the Federal Reserve down and force a new currency, so unless your idea is complete overthrow of the government so we can shut down the federal reserve, then yes our only two options are relying on current government to shut down the reserve, or wait until our dollar collapses. Seeing how most Americans have no clue on how our money system works, I'm guessing we are in for a forced currency change instead of a voluntary one. I see literally no other viable options, the Federal Reserve and central bank can not remain in existence for an economy and government to function properly.

15. Yeah I agree. It's gonna happen, and there aren't enough educated people like you said that actually understand what exactly is going on with inflation and such. And I'm not trying to get into conspiracy theories and all, but it seems like the government is somewhat preparing for a revolution with the ban of high capacity rifles, but then protect themselves and government with the same exact rifles they banned.

16. I'm not a conspiracy theorist either, but soon it won't be theory. You don't know how many people I've talked to that have never had interest in even politics in the many years I've known them and they are now saying to me things exactly like you just said. "I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but something is going on/something is going to happen"

I don't like guns, I would shoot my own foot off if I had them, and before I was all for banning of assault rifles. I woke up very quickly and easily, I personally still don't want one, but I fear my fellow humans much much less now and I think if they want to have guns they should have them, my chances of getting shot by strange people really isn't as high as I was lead to believe by media and government.

I know change will come, be it the money system, environment, war, there are a lot of factors working against us right now. I just hope the collective pushes for change instead of change being pushed on us. One way or another something is going to happen, ready or not.

17. To the extent that you have any savings, it shouldn't be kept in a bank account. Bank deposits are what's used by the fractional reserve process to give out additional loans, and all bank loans are acts of money creation. That's how the system works. So all we can do as individuals is not give the banks fuel to keep the inflation engine going. You can do this by minimizing the amount of money you keep on deposit. I suggest keeping only what you need to carry out day to day expenses in a checking account. All savings should be in precious metals (the actual physical coins/bars), hard currencies, equities, etc., that way your savings will be protected against currency devaluation and the banking system won't be able to use your savings as reserves to inflate more.

18. Yeah that's funny, I'm not much into politics either, but recently I feel for my own protection, and the protection and future of my family I feel like I need to be knowledgeable about what's happening, and how I can do my best to stop it because it is very obvious what is coming to us. As for crisis, I do agree that it seems all these things are happening at once, but I feel that the economic crash is going to happen first off, then everything will come crashing down after that. Very unfortunate. I feel that we, much like other very powerful ancient civilizations will too, have it's downfall. It's inevitable.

19. ^^ this. Invest in gold and silver before you have to be a multi millionaire to do it!

20. I also agree with this, I see absolutely no logical reasoning behind putting your money in banks, seeing how the interest rate is close to 0 at this particular point in time, the risk factor just overweighs the positive side on this one.