US can legally assasinate American citizens overseas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Mar 6, 2012.

1. I'm pretty sure being in a terrorist organization is a little bit stronger than having dissenting views......

I don't support this, nor do I think it's right, but the article itself is bad enough, you don't need to hyperbolize it.

2. Well at least it shows the US do not discriminate...

The US government kills who ever it wants, whenever it wants...:(

3. The problems here is two fold. 1) who decides who is a terrorist if not the courts? So with absolutely zero evidence they can say you are a terrorist and kill you with no ramifications.

2)Your not a terrorist but they deem you as one and there is no way to get your name off that targeted killing list. Odds are you wouldn't even know your on the list until they come for you.

Last time I checked due proses and judicial process are the same thing, are they not?

4. Wasn't this in the NDAA bill? Also hasn't Obama already done this with Alawaki? (or how ever you spell it)

5. Exactly, when the decision of who is and who isn't a terrorist is ambiguous and the court doesn't even have a say in this, it means nothing more than dissent with your President can get you labeled as a terrorist and therefore a target.

6. King Obama has executed 3 US citizens in the 1st 3 years of his term. I would expect more to come now.

7. In the case of Awlaki, he made a specific executive order to kill him. Now, he doesn't even have to do that, he just says kill him, and it will happen.

8. There needs to be a trial, with a jury. One person, regardless if their title is President, or Judge should not be able to make such a decision. Jury...of my peers.

9. [quote name='"Tripace"']

In the case of Awlaki, he made a specific executive order to kill him. Now, he doesn't even have to do that, he just says kill him, and it will happen.[/quote]

So he basically eliminated that pesty paper work that got it the way?

10. [​IMG]

We spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on a missile, and the operation itself, to kill this kid

anwars son.

11. I'd just like to point out how the title of the article says "U.S. can legally kill Americans." Thus like saying the United States Federal Government is now a separate entity from American Citizens [Because of all the fucking power they've amassed]. Do ya see where I'm going with this?

12. Preppers Are Now Considered To Be Potential Terrorists?

13. I can understand how they got the go ahead to kill Anwar, but to drop a bomb on the son is sad. Unfortunately, he was associating with his fathers organization so take that as you will.

I dont agree with this, but if they are going to continue fighting these jihadists its about time we grew some balls and tossed out the beaurocracy of it all. Give them the same amount of due process Nick Berg got

14. #15 SmokinP, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
    Any American setting foot in Iraq, Afghanistan etc etc... has to be aware that the country that they are a citizen of is despised and has brought nothing but pain and suffering to the people of these countries.

Berg was in Iraq to try and profit from the US invasion. He was a looking for contracts. He would have been very aware of the risks he was taking.
    Whilst i have sympathy for his family, lets not try and make out that he was an innocent in Iraq trying to help people.

There is something very fishy about his disappearance. Berg was held for a short time before his disappearance by Iraqi police and the US authorities were very slow to help his family when he did disappear.

15. They pretty much are completely separate now, they don't represent any of the citizens anymore.:(

16. Yup :rolleyes:

17. You don't agree with it but you are trying to justify it and say its ok? Hell we should just shred the Constitution and bill of rights so that we can be better protected from the evil Terrorist.

This law is in direct conflict of the 5th amendment. If Due process is different then judicial process then what the fuck is due process? I am interested to see how the Supreme court will rule on this once it is challenged.

18. To answer your question, I think it's suspending elections.

19. Oh yeah let's show some mercy to the homegrown terrorists trying to hurt us? ya right