Urine

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kushmasterkush, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Anyone use urine for a nitrogen supplement?

Sent from my QMV7A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. #2 lFourTwenty, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    Sure you can use it if you want to..dilute it with water first as it's gonna be too concentrated.

In other words don't piss directly in your soil  :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lol. Ya I usually fill one gallon jugs and top them off with piss and shake them up on my water feeds. But I was going to try using it in my first 3 weeks of flower, any thoughts on that?

Might even change the name of the strain to Pee Kush. Lol

4. Not sure I don't even use it..I have heard of people using it though for a nitrogen source..I doubt it would hurt but that's not exactly something that will help your buds grow because it's nitrogen rich instead of phosphorous..if you are trying to stay organic there's a few different choices. Fish bone meal is a great organic fertilizer for flowering.

5. Yeah I would rather spend the 10$ on a nitrogen supplement...

• Like Like x 1
  6. You flush a plant to not smoke any nutrients. You want to smoke piss that has been flushed?

Itty Bitty Canna Committee - "My Cup Got Runn Over!?".

7. Fuck, You might as well let the dog piss al over it too..................

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Absolutely not.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 GoldGrower, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    Urea has to go through a lengthy and complicated transformation by being absorbed by bacteria and then excreted before not only for it to become useful but for it to not be toxic any more. Don't piss on your plants, that's just stupid

10. do not piss feed your plants!

11. That's the problem with city boys. They have always been afraid to play in the horse shit. Stick to your apartment closet grows. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. We commonly use urine to help start the cycling of a new aquaponics system (it's a food source for the nitrifying bacteria). It usually takes a couple of weeks for the urea to get converted into ammonia. Sometimes that's called "humonia" or "peeponics". But most people doing aquaponics don't add any more urine once the system becomes stable.

13. Well it works. Believe that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Urine is a perfect fertilizer known as NPK, however urine must come from a healthy person that doesn't take meds, and it needs to be diluted at a ratio of 1:10.

As bizarre as it sounds, your urine is a fantastic fertilizer for your marijuana plants. Fresh human urine is high in nitrogen, one of the key nutrients in weed growth. The breakdown of your urine depends on your diet. If you follow a ‘Western’ diet, the nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium (NPK) ratio is 11-1-2. For reference, blood meal is 12-2-1.

As urine contains a lot of salt, it must be diluted to a ratio of at least one-part urine, 10 parts water. DO NOT URINATE DIRECTLY ON THE PLANTS! It will probably kill them. If you plan to use your wee on potted plants or seedlings, dilute the urine to a 1:20 ratio in water.

It should go without saying that you must only use your urine if you are healthy. Don’t use it if you are on medication or have a urinary tract infection. By the way, if you are grossed out by the thought of using urine, how do you feel about bat guano or cow poop?

15. Cat piss ! Its much worse then dog piss

16. Folks are using urine on other crops according to this article-

Meet the Peecyclers. Their Thought to Assist Farmers Is No. 1.
    Meet the Peecyclers. Their Thought to Assist Farmers Is No. 1.

BRATTLEBORO, Vt. — When Kate Lucy noticed a poster on the town inviting individuals to find out about one thing often known as peecycling, she was mystified. “Why would somebody pee in a jug and reserve it?” she questioned. “It seems like such a wacky concept.”

She needed to work the night of the knowledge session, so she despatched her husband, Jon Sellers, to assuage her curiosity. He got here dwelling with a jug and funnel.

Human urine, Mr. Sellers discovered that night time seven years in the past, is stuffed with the identical vitamins that crops must flourish. It has much more, actually, than Quantity Two, with virtually not one of the pathogens. Farmers sometimes apply these vitamins — nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium — to crops within the type of chemical fertilizers. However that comes with a excessive environmental price from fossil fuels and mining.

The native nonprofit group that ran the session, the Wealthy Earth Institute, was engaged on a extra sustainable strategy: Vegetation feed us, we feed them.

Efforts like these are more and more pressing, consultants say. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has worsened a worldwide fertilizer scarcity that’s driving farmers to desperation and threatening meals provides. Scientists additionally warn that feeding a rising international inhabitants in a world of local weather change will solely get harder.

Now, greater than a thousand gallons of donated urine later, Ms. Lucy and her husband are a part of a world motion that seeks to handle a slew of challenges — together with meals safety, water shortage and insufficient sanitation — by not losing our waste.

At first, amassing their urine in a jug was “a bit of sloshy,” Ms. Lucy mentioned. However she was a nurse and he was a preschool instructor; pee didn’t scare them. They went from dropping off a few containers each week or so at an organizer’s dwelling to putting in giant tanks at their very own home that get professionally pumped out.

Now, Ms. Lucy feels a pang of remorse when she makes use of an everyday rest room. “We make this wonderful fertilizer with our our bodies, after which we flush it away with gallons of one other treasured useful resource,” Ms. Lucy mentioned. “That’s actually wild to consider.”

Bogs, actually, are by far the biggest supply of water use inside properties, in accordance with the Environmental Safety Company. Wiser administration may save huge quantities of water, an pressing want as local weather change worsens drought in locations just like the American West.

It may additionally assist with one other profound drawback: Insufficient sanitation programs — together with leaky septic tanks and getting old wastewater infrastructure — overload rivers, lakes and coastal waters with vitamins from urine. Runoff from chemical fertilizer makes it worse. The result’s algal blooms that set off mass die offs of animals and different crops.

In a single dramatic instance, manatees within the Indian River Lagoon in Florida are ravenous to loss of life after sewage-fueled algal blooms destroyed the ocean grass they rely on. (snipped)

Just remember urine is too "hot" to be used without dilution.

Granny

• Like Like x 1