Urgently Need Advice!! Please Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr. Bill, May 24, 2009.

1. Hey GC,

Okay so one plant here, a lone AK-47 seedling, my MVP (Most Valued Plant), has half the seed shell on it and not only that, seems to be very weak and is kinda growing sideways, with the cotyledons upside down...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another plant seems to have some of its leaf missing??? Any ideas whether this will impede its progress? This is a no-name strain.

[​IMG]

And finally, I am going to the store to buy some more CFLs (I know, I need way more), how many should I buy if I only plan to grow these until they fill the cup so I can transplant them outside?

[​IMG]

Thank you for your input!

2. bumpp

Please Help!

3. Gently take the shell off, i do it all the time, i push them off with a tiny flat screwdriver, does them no harm.

4. Well, I had used tweezers and gotten 1 half of the shell, but the other half seems to be stuck good. When I try to take it off, the rest of the plant seems like it wants to come with it, so I left the other half there. I guess ill try again... from the pictures do you think this plant will survive? It seems very weak.

5. Dont water it any more. Stretch a piece of cling film over the top of the pot and keep the moister/humidity in, there is a type of skin the seedling has to shed aswell as the shell, and if it drys, the seedling has trouble sheding it.
    You dont have to take the shell off. My seedling which are strugling with loosing the shell, i just give them a kick start (help) so that all my seedlings begin to us the light at the same time.

6. give them some time to get established. They need moisture, but don't water them too much, also move the cups so they all get some light.

7. I dont know if that Ak-47 is gonna make it :( But the plant with the little piece off will be fine, the leaf is gonna grow out disformed but the rest will come out fine. Id get more lights pronto tho cause they are already streched. Id say you might be able to get away with using only 4 26 watters since your only getting them started indoors. But for 10 plants id use 8 to get the light spread evenly

8. Hope all goes well mate