Urgent with soil pests

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by M4rsh4ll, May 11, 2017.

1. Hi all I haven't had any problems from day one of growing, but I just saw a little fly thing come out of my tent and some little pest things in my soil, my plants don't seem to be stressed, what can I do to get rid of them?

UK grower

2. if they look like this
    imagesGH0LTVSX.jpg imagesL0LP08CV.jpg
    than you have fungus gnats.

3. Wel I thought it was them but there isn't ANY of them white nats, could it just be the crappy soil and to much water? Iwhen I saw one it was like black and I've only seen 3 in all 3 of my pots

4. if you're not finding larvae and only a fly per pot I would just keep an eye out for them over the next few days and let your pots dry out some if they are as wet as you say.

5. Hi mate it is fungus nats, how can I get rid.of them?

6. you can buy a product called spinosad, or google search ways to rid yourself of them. There are probably tons of threads here you could search for as well

7. I saw on Google to dry them out completely? Would that work and removing the tops of the soil

8. I've honestly never had to deal with them, that sounds right. You may want to look into diatomaceous earth as well. And a little apple cider vinegar with some cold water and dish soap mixed in a dish will catch the flies.

9. Just get some sticky traps or make apple cider vinegar traps or mosquitos bits. All very cheap and effective. Fungus gnats arnt that big of an issue. Theyre always in bags of soil, never fails. Just try n keep their numbers down.

10. Cheers.mate I will do that :)

11. Okay buddy cheers :) I just went to B&Q and bought some pesticide stuff for "fruit and veg" seems to attack like spider mites, white fly etc, just sprayed a little on the top of the soil to stop them coming to the top to lay eggs :) didn't know they were always in soil thanks :)

12. I've also bought some pesticide stuff from my local BNQ it kills things like spider mites, white flys and loads of other things so sprayed some on top of my soil to stop them laying eggs on the surface :) hopefully that'll contain them

13. garden safe fungiside 3 if a 1% neem spray supposed to be safe and good on them

14. I thought neem oil was for spidermites

15. Spinosad or nematodes work best. That neem oil is hit and miss for most folks

Re-Start Grow #1

16. guess on this bottle ot doesnt say fungus gnats 1494549915952-770399804.jpg