URGENT: Washington State HOMEGROW bill. Deadline closing

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by FarmerJames, Feb 3, 2016.

1. WASHITNGTON STATE URGENT: Homegrow bill
    <hr size="1">Hey Everyone,

We have a flurry of legislation regarding Cannabis in Washington this session. One of particular note would allow 6 plant homegrow for anyone 21 or over. It will also allow legal transfer of up to an ounce of flower between adults. Also included is a possession limit AT HOME of up to 24 oz of flower.

The bill is HB 2629. Link: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summ...2016&bill=2629

I contacted one of the bills sponsors, Rep Condatta:

I just spoke with Rep Condatta's legislative assistant. He told me that for the bill to move forward it must be voted out of committee.

The deadline for that to happen is FRIDAY!

There is only one more meeting where they will have the opportunity to do that.

According to Rep. Condatta's office the best chance we have to move this forward is to contact the chair of the committee (Rep Hurst) TODAY and ask that he assist in voting the bill out of committee with a "do pass recommendation".

PLEASE!!!! Take 2 minutes!

Pick up the telephone.

Dial (360) 786 - 7866

Say: "Hello, could you pleas ask Rep Hurst to assist in moving HB 2629 out of committee with a do pass recommendation. Thank you. Good bye."

Hang up the telephone.

If you are feeling really outgoing then click on the link below to find contact info for your reps and call them and ask "Please support HB 2629".

http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
    ----------------------------------------------
    Representative Christopher Hurst (D)
    Chair - Commerce & Gaming Committee
    320 John L. O'Brien Building
    PO Box 40600
    Olympia, WA 98504
    (360) 786 - 7866

2. Well....
    FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!! PAY 45% TAX ON YOUR MEDICINE!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO JAIL FOR YOUR HOME GROW!!!
    Please don't bother participating in our legislative process.
    You are absolutely right when you say "I can't make a difference" and that is because YOU ARE TOO FUCKING LAZY TO PICK UP THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Well wishes from Florida...

You know how we got it.

4. best of luck from PA. Ain't shit like this ever going to happen in my state.

5. Thanks for the well wishes!!
    I do appreciate it. Unfortunately the rules are made by folks who participate in the rulemaking process. What we have in Washington is two groups: The first is a bunch of greedy politicians and their appointee's who are motivated to get their hands deeper into out pockets. The second is a bunch of lazy whiners who can't be bothered to make a two minute phone call.
    Sooo sad....

6. I wouldn't get to upset at others on here not helping, you posted the same day as the deadline.

Sorry it didn't pass though, you still have it better than most of us.

7. Posted on the 3rd. PM me your address and I will send you a calendar.
    The bill is dead. The deadline for leaving committee was yesterday and it did not happen.
    As far as having it better. That may be for the moment but it is changing quickly. Today I can legally grow 15 plants. After July 1st I have a choice: Shut down my garden or become a felon.

8. Was this to centralize grow operations?

Is their fear that if people can grow it they can't tax it?

9. Hey Farmer...I sent my reps a contact that came up thru NORMAL on this bill. You're right on about greedy politicians. The bill , 502, that screwed the medical community was drafted by the big producers. I read this re home grows and did my duty but I had literally no hope we'd get the right as a "free people" to grow a weed for personal use. Come July 1, if you're a registered MM patient, you can grow a few, I think it's 4, and if you do a mug shot and fingerprint it's 6 unless you can get your Doc to crawl out on the DEA limb n swear to God that you need to go over the 6 plant max. Anyone who grows knows that 4 plants isn't worth a shit if you have any problems at all during the grow. You can easily lose an entire crop. And the crop size limits are completely unreasonable. We're being locked into another goddamn process so they can squeeze us even more.
    H