Urgent&Stupid question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CocoNewbie, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Right, so I've got the 2x4 mars hydro tent. It's quite small as I think it's only like 6 feet tall (180cm), minus my extractor fan and carbon filter hanging from the top. Not much space left. And I just flipped to 12/12 2 weeks ago and the stretch was massive so I'm fighting for every inch at the moment.

Dropping a picture below on how my carbon filter is hanging from the top, the RVK fan is next to it on similar ratchets. So as you can see below there is probably another 5-7 inches I'm missing out on because of them ratchets. I would love to move the fan and filter at least a few inches further UP.

Any ideas? Really bad at DIY, can't find anything that I could hang it on, If I had 'S grips' whatever they are called, like that part on the picture. That metal S. I could technically hang them on that only at the top, but can't find it online anywhere, don't know what it's called and how to find a good size that can hold 10-15kg of weight

Or is there any better possibilities? Pic below. IMG_20210608_005222.jpg IMG_20210608_005216.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Every one I've bought has came with hanging straps

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 2 or 4 good sized zip ties. Under a $1 and done

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oh right don't remember if mine has I got it like a year ago. But still I would need something for the fan instead of rope ratchets
    You think they will hold the weight? It's about 15 kg.
    And then also how would you do a extractor fan? Can't really do that with zip ties. Hmm. Or maybe you could if I put them through the holes

5. Yea I ziptie the inline fan and use the straps for the filter

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zipties are very strong. You can tie them to the roof, then you will have more to grow on

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Perfect thanks everyone. Didn't think of zip ties before. Will get a pack and I will be sorted

8. Use your straps.... just wrap it around the rod and filter.... hook to hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Filters have always come with Straps for hanging. which looks like it'd save you 6" or so

Put the exhaust fan on the outside of the tent to save space inside.

10. I put filter on tent floor, and vent thru a lower tent porthole.
    The extra ceiling space is very useful.

11. upload_2021-6-8_6-56-13.jpeg

Jack Chain.
    With a good set of linemans pliers open the links and make what you need.
    Never fails. Even zipties eventually fail. This would need to rust through to let things fall.
    upload_2021-6-8_6-56-13.jpeg Jack Chain.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. You can legit just use rope to tie the filter to the hanging bar.... even the rope from the ratchet hangers would work. But i believe you are looking for "S Hooks" which can easily be found at your local hardware store.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You can always bend your plant over if modifying your setup doesn't give you enough room

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Get that thing outta the tent put the carbon filter and fan on top of the tent or the floor outside of your tent. Fasten your lights straight to the frames with zip ties or similar. I can't imagine growing anything in my 2×4 with the gear on the inside.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oh man only just seen this. Yep good idea. The only thing it's already a really loud fan. And if I move it outside the tent it's going to be even louder. Not a fan of my neighbours hearing it so not really an option. Plus I sleep in that small room. I mean it doesn't affect me really. But still the neighbour thing. But good idea thanks

16. Just seen this. And your comment saying zip ties eventually fail made me worry a bit. As I did use zip ties to tie the carbon filter and fan to the top once someone suggested this 2 weeks ago. But then again I tried to over do it so might be a bit safer. I put like 6 or 8 zip ties on each item

• Like Like x 1