Urgent Question - Very easy q

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gre123123, Jun 12, 2010.

1. hey everyone I was shopping for soil/pots today and got this soil and coiuldnt find any pots anywhere that were over a few gallons. And not ceramic...
    Where do everyone in the pictures I see get those big plastic pots???
    THX
    BTW MY freaking plants have gotten too big for the pots they in and I am trying to hurry super fast and get them switched over thanks!

2. keg buckets? dollar general or walmart

3. get mine at a local nursery, .70 cents each for 3 gal pots, check your area, I'm sure you have one, if not sometimes places like earl may have old used ones you can clean out that they will just give ya:smoke:

edit:
    grocery stores also have 5 gal pots/buckets that hold things like frosting for the bakery which they throw out as well, prob get a few there as well, saw a post on here about those

4. Get some dowel rod (square if you can find it) or scrap wood, then build a frame. You can use anything to hold it together, screws (predrill on dowel rods), nails, brad nails, staples, duct tape, or even sting and lashings. I like the last one. It's kind of boy scout-ish.

Then get some mylar and stuff it in the holes. Just a big section stuffed in and maybe pinned into shape could make for any easy pot. You could also use very very very heavy duty trash bags, tarp, shrink wrap scraps (check your local marinathey throw the stuff away by the dumpster full, especially late winter early spring.), or plastics from places like hobby lobby and real hobby stores (the type with test tubes, and gas airplanes). If you want to do it nicely, you can cut and shape your plastic lining. but make sure you overlap so the soil doesn't com in contact with your tapes. Lacing the plastic with monofilament fishing line, is a goof alternative. leave yourself some overlap for taping and lacing. Remember building those little paper geometry shapes out of templates you cut with scissors in middle school or something? Do that. draw a template, then cut it out. If you just draw a big plus sign without adding tabs, you'll have a hard time.

drive through apartment complexes and look in the dumpsters or for dead plants outside (ask first).

you can vertically halve, 1 gallon jugs, then tape them together. Be sure you leave overlap on the sides for the tape. You don't want the tape to ever leak adhesive into your pot. , and DO NOT CUT THE BOTTOM You need the entire bottom of all 4 jugs. Overlap is the key to this one. (oh ps. Make sure you cut off the handle side)

I buy mine dirt cheap at a hydro store, but it seems that's not an option. They have 1/2 to 5 gallon bags, and something like 1-8 gallon pots. I think the most expensive one of of all of that is like 3 bucks.

You may be surprised how many hydro shops are around. Google search hydroponics and your zip code on google maps.