URGENT question about drying!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bamf64, Jul 27, 2011.

1. #1 bamf64, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
    I just trimmed and manicured my freinds plant. the buds on the stem. they look amazing. and we are curious as to the specifics of drying..as of now the buds are hanging on a clothes hanger spaced out in his room. completely dark, both windows open, blinds halfway open, no fan yet but we are getting one tomorow,

Does the room need to be dark 24/7?
    Do we keep the windows open or closed all the time?
    Do we keep the fan on all the time?
    How do we keep air circulated if we have to shut the blinds to keep it dark? The windows require the blinds to be open to get circulation...

We just need to know what to do as there are so many different strategies listed online.....HELP!!!

a step by step would be great.

2. anyoone??

3. Wow you must talk real fast but turn on the lights and keep air constantly circulating good luck

4. well, I hang mine upside down in the dark hot ventilated place for 1-2 days, then I trim of the big easy leaves off. Depending on how dry they are, I let them hang again for a day more but I will cut the main stock out and just hang the cola sticks.

Then I trim off all the little leaves and take the buds of the stem put them in a brown grocery bag and back to some hot dry place.
    shake bag (gently) everyday till completely dry (to the touch). depending on the mass of buds, this could take several days. I use several bags, so there is no huge pile of bud to ROT if you forget to shake regularly.

next they go in mason jars and sit in the dark some more, for ever and ever!

not really. but several weeks to get to a cure point.
    these jars need to be opened weekly and shook, resealed.

if it smells "rotten" when you open it after a week, they were not dry enough and need to go back to step 2, paper bag.

I leave my mason jars in the dark til needed

5. I place them in a room with temps @ 68F and RH @ 45% with a small room fan blowing directly on them, I only turn on the lights to check on them as light degrades THC. after you dry them (crispy to the touch) anywhere from 3-5 days place them in mason jars or air tight containers, when you go back to them the next day they will feel moist again. no worries that is excess moister from the stems, let them breath for a couple hours, then seal them back in the jars. do this every day. until they are smokable dry. it takes way longer to cure them this way bu it makes for a smoother smoke with a better taste.