Urgent Ppm troubles....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tortdad, Sep 12, 2020.

1. I need some help understanding PPM’s

My grow....

Nectar of the Gods #4 soil
    Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
    Running 2 autos in 5gal pots (Bruce banner) which are 2nd week of flower now

IMG_2530.JPG

I’ve only fed maybe 4 times now and never twice in a row and most I’ve ever fed is 10ml per gal

I’m getting yellowing and showing signs of cal and or mag shortages. The leafs are getting thin and lighting up, bottom row is turning yellow.

So on to the ppm question.... I calibrated my PH meter. 2 nights ago I fed PH tap water only at 6.1 and checked the run off of both plants

Plant 1 run off was 6.95 and ppm was 1450

Plant 2 was ph 6.99 and ppm of 1250

Fast forward to yesterday when the plants really started to yellow and I did a slurry test.

Plant 1 soil showed PH of 7.3 and only 124ppm

Plant 2 soil showed 6.95 PH and 150ppm

Why would I have such a drastic difference from run off to slurry?

Clearly my plants are hungry so it seems like the slurry test is the more accurate.

I’ve barely fed my plants because the run off has always been that high and when I fed, even at only 10ml per gal I get tip burn.

Something in that Tiger Blood is burning the tips and at the same time lacking in other areas....

These are plant one pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some pics of plant 2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have some cal mag delivering today so my plan is to feed cal mag, some tiger blood and a spoonful of molasses.

Two main questions.... what in my soil is causing the ph to raise? I’m putting 6.1 in and soil slurry says 7.3.

Why do I have such a drastic difference in readings from run off to slurry test. 1450 bs 124

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. how much perlite you have in the pot...? 1/4 is good

over feeding again ..? a flush is due
    pour 3 times the pot volume thru the post with air temp ph'ed water
    do it days end so they recover overnight

no nutes until they green up

good luck

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Your ph rise is probably due to what they put in that soil. The last two ingredients are "oyster shell (for pH adjustment), humus and lime (for pH adjustment)." Those all create alkaline conditions.

As for the difference with the PPMs, I'm not sure on that. I've always just used runoff in my coco grows to test. It's possible that nutrients from the soil mix are settled at the bottom and you'd only get a similar slurry reading if you took soil from lower down. Just a guess.

It's always difficult to diagnose these things, but to me that looks like nitrogen deficiency. Probably not a whole lot you can do about that at this point.

Leave-graphic-nitrogen-BIG.jpg

4. It was a Cal mag issue. Greened right up and and I added a bloom nute to the mix. I never figured what caused the difference in the soil before but now it’s holding steady at 6.5. A couple more weeks tops and she ready for the chopping block

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum