Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

URGENT PLEASE I NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ipreferoils, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Hey everyone! Sorry if this isn't in the right place or whatever but everywhere I go people say like "don't smoke" and "weed is bad" and shit like that. And I also know I just posted it but noo one replied so yeah...anyway lol. Whenever I smoke weed (it doesn't matter if it's oil or dry herb) my stomach hurts after. When I say hurts I mean queasy, like I'm gonna throw up. And I did one time. But like last night I took a pretty big hit from my trippy stix and literally for an hour I sat by the toilet. And tonight I took a MUCH smaller hit and my stomach still is queasy (I don't feel so bad that I'll throw up, just a bit queasy) so yeah I'm just wondering why this happens and how I can prevent it or lessen it...PLEASE HELP ME! I LOVE SMOKING IT AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO STOP!

2. I dont know too much about this, however what I have seen around the forums might help. Maybe try a different strain and see if that changes anything. Make sure you don't smoke/vape on an empty stomach, it seems like it has a negative affect on a lot of people. Maybe eat something sugary before, because your blood sugar levels go down when high. Also, remember, cannabis is not for everyone. Have you smoked/vaped before this and had no issue? Or are you starting out and finding you are having these symptoms? Sorry to here about this man, hope this helps :/

You should try a small dose of edibles when you are not smoking and see how you react.

I dont smoke or do any intoxicants but when I do it will be hash cookies.

4. It sounds like you are swallowing the smoke. Take small, gradual hits and it should be easier.

5. This is some wise advice. You can feel the smoke "shift" to stomach. Stop before this point :)

6. I'd recommend getting your favorite drink and sippin on it before and while you smoke. Smoking makes ya hungry and if you're on an empty stomach and new to smokin sometimes you get that nauseous feeling. Making sure to have somethin in your somach will help. :)

7. #7 CentiZen, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013

Ipreferoils, I need you answer some more questions for me to give me a better idea of what is going on. It certainly sounds like you are suffering from a similar ailment that I was at one point, CHS. 

Do you feel queasy only when you smoke, or other times during the day? How about the mornings, or when you eat?

When you feel sick, have you tried taking a hot shower? If so, does it help?

How much do you smoke daily, and how long have you smoked?

8. Can you tell me more about this? Sounds like my issue at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Prepare by having dairy/tums beforehand and throughout to generally soothe the stomach.

10. Quite simply, it may be that we are just consuming too much pot. Or at least, that was the problem for me. I'm a little fuzzy on the reasoning behind it, but I was consuming multiple grams a day and getting nausea attacks that were debilitating enough all I could do was lay in bed puking. I'm thinking it must have something to do with the buildup of cannabinoids in my body - usually the body can just process these into harmless waste byproducts and it leaves the body after a while. But I'm thinking that the huge amounts I was consuming were slowly building up in my body, unable to be fully metabolized into a healthy waste byproduct. Over time, it built up to the point where my body started viewing it as a potential toxin and began the steps the body takes when it thinks it is being poisoned, ie - puking, nausea, lethargy, no appetite and none of the usual antinausea medications I've tried help it. Only hot showers. 

If this sounds like you, then you might have CHS (Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome). It's kind of a cop-out diagnosis right now, nobody has any good explanation for why it is happening. But there has been a huge blowup of cases of (usually male) young adults who consume large daily amounts of marijuana getting sick in this exact same manner. 

I've been able to shake it mostly by cutting down my consumption levels to about half a gram a day, though I still get the odd flash of nausea. 

11. #11 Applerod, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013

Just what I was thinking.  Not long ago, I woke up nauseous and started vomiting.  The nausea got worse and I was vomiting (eventually dry-heaving) for a full 5 days--momentarily alleviated by taking a hot shower/bath, after which my mother insisted I go to the ER.  The doctor, after the tests and in absence of a better explanation, diagnosed me with CHS--which unfortunately made sense since I had been smoking more weed in the preceding 6 months than ever before.
    The cure was abstinence and I've cut down on my smoking.  I don't know if CHS necessarily applies to the OP, but it's definitely something to consider.

12. yea you may have swallowed some smoke, one time when i was still in HS i blazed before school and I burped in class and smoke came out. I was like shit... noone noticed though.

13. It sounds like you are swallowing the smoke. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]