Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Urgent Need Help! Weed and Panic Attacks

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HylianShy, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Hello everyone! I made this account purely in hopes that I might find some answers to my question. I've done so much research about my problem, but would LOVE it if anyone who has been in my shoes could give me some advice or some truth about the subject.
    For starters, I was a stoner for 1.5 years. I smoked everyday, either a joint or blunt, very rarely using a bong or pipe. I typically smoked sativa or hybrid flower, honestly it was whatever had the highest percentage on the back (I know that's dumb, but what can I say?) I was honestly only interested in seeing what percentage and type/brand got me the high that I wanted. After about 7 months of smoking a variety of different ways, the remaining year and a few months I smoked ONLY blunts. They were easy and the rolling process was my own little quiet time.
    One night, after smoking a blunt (typical for me, not too much not too little), for no reason at all, y heart began to race. My arms began to go numb and I genuinely thought i was having a heart attack. I called my mom (a nurse) and told her my symptoms and she told me to just lie down and breath in through my nose and out through my mouth. No problems there, the symptoms went away after a few minutes. Maybe two months go by and it didn't happen again, until one night I decided the single blunts were not affecting me the way that I wanted, so instead of just smoking one, I smoked 1.5. I went inside and out of no where, the same thing began to happen, only this time, I couldn't get my heart rate down. For 4 hours, my heart was racing, I had chest pains, and it got to the point where my heart was going so fast that my body tensed up and went completely numb. It was honestly one of the most scariest nights of my life. After that, I decided to so some research on smoking and panic attacks. Some forums said to try indica or edibles. I tried indica a few days later, and the same symptoms occurred. After that, I was convinced that smoking weed was no longer for me. It was giving me panic attacks almost immediately after smoking (pipe, bong, etc same thing). I've been sober now for 6 months, and while it does feel good to say I'm sober, I still miss smoking. I enjoyed the down time it allowed me to have, the social settings were fun, and I was actually at a great weight. Since I've quit, I've gained 50 lbs. I know that shouldn't matter, but all in all I really do wish I could get high again, but I'm so terrified that I'll have another panic attack.
    Can anyone PLEASE help me. I don't know what caused it. I was perfectly fine for the first year, and I have no idea why my body and brain made a full 180 after I got high.
    Does anyone else experience cannabis psychosis? If you did, DID IT EVER GO AWAY?? Are there tips or tricks??? Please help, any advice would be so appreciated. Thanks for reading my novel of a story.

-SHY

2. I didn't start smoking until after I got out of the military and was in college. I would smoke almost every night with my girlfriends and buddies and it was all great. Shortly before graduating, I stopped so I could clean up to pass any type of drug test. Around 4 months later, I thought I was getting hired for a position which did not test. I celebrated by having a large bowl with a very potent grade of marijuana. I got extremely high and panicky and my mind kept racing towards negative thoughts. Even after sobering up, I had negative thoughts constantly about death, accidents, torture, suffering, war, etc. I started smoking again after that but it is a challenge to keep my mind on positive thoughts. My mind just constantly assumes the worst. My sober thoughts are more rational and balanced now. I often mix alcohol with smoking now to chill me out and give my ego some confidence. I still long for the carefree days of smoking without mental consequence.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Have you tried drastically reducing the amount you smoke?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Just take a hit or two of indica and remember, REMEMBER, it’s only marijuana and won’t kill you.

5. In your case it may have been heightened by the nicotine from the wraps. I would choose an alternative method of ingestion.
    Peppercorns (or black pepper) and/or CBD may help here is a post I just did this morning. Good reads;

:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Happened to me about a year ago. I was a daily stoner. Out of nowhere I start getting these heart racing nausea inducing panic attacks. My body would tense up and send me into uncontrollable shivers. Scared the shit out of me the few times so I quite for about 6months and vowed I'd never smoke anything I didnt grow or know who grew it. That was also right around the onset of my diagnosis with IBS and I was dehydrated so I'm sure that played it's part. I eased back into smoking and still had light panic attacks in the beginning, this time knowing I should just lay down, ride out the shivers and try to sleep. I dont have them anymore, I think part of it is psychological too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Thats what I would keep telling myself. I'll be damned if I'm the ONE person who dies from it. I refuse to start the statistic xD Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely start on indica if I do get the courage to start again.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Thats what I thought too. The only reason I only smoked blunts was because the nicotine gave me a head rush on top of the weed high, which I grew to prefer.

9. It's so relieving to hear that I'm not the only one it's happened to. It felt like my body betrayed me because my one method of relaxation and appetite helper was starting to scare the hell out of me. But its awesome to hear you were able to get through them when you started up again, and even more awesome that you don't get them anymore. It gives me hope, so thank you!

• Like Like x 2