urgent need advice...

Discussion in 'General' started by xBleezyx, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Hello fellow blades. I have made this thread so i can get some advice on something i stumbled upon a little while ago today. Last weekend i brought a backpack belonging to my best friend at home up to my apartment because he let me use it to transport some weed to my apartment at school. Today i seen the backpack on the floor of my place and for some odd reason decided to look in the other pockets of this back pack of my best friend. I open up the small front pocket and in one of the pockets i find 2 notes written on yellow paper, both folded up. On the one note it read "to whoever finds this" and the other said "to my love". I was confused when i saw them and when i opened them up, i found out the one letter was a suicide not written to his parents and the other to my friends ex girlfriend from 2 years ago. I instantly seen the notes and i went into shock, i couldn't and still can't believe my best friend has written suicide notes. im speechless i just dont understand i have known him for 13 years and i have never seen him in a real low state. I dont know if i should confront him about these notes because i think they might be from 2 or 3 years ago but what if they are not? i don't really know what to do but i really wanna confront him about it and find out what the hell is going on. Any advice blades? it would be greatly appreciated. :(

2. I personally wouldn't say anything, especially because it could be from a long time ago (my guess is thats probably right since they were forgotten in the backpack). What i would do if i were you is show the guy a real good time, like go clubbing together or go to a rave or something. Help this guy have the time of his life, show him you're a great friend and that he has got plenty to live for, but don't bring up the notes.

3. i would bring it up non awkwardly.. just because id hate to see it actually happen. the thing is that they are from a few years ago so he hasnt done it. i would just leave them in there and give him the bag back and be like "hey dude, i came accross some papers in the backpack and read them not knowing what they were. if you ever need someone to talk to i am open ears." and leave it at that.

4. i hear ya man show him he means something. good advice smokin bud appreciate it

5. yea man im pretty sure now they are from a few years ago but it still shocked me. I have not even read the letters even remotley all the way and i don't want too so ill put them back in and give it back

6. I have written suicide notes before out of straight up frustration.

It probably is not t a big deal

7. I wouldn't bring it up.

8. NO! Please dude. Bring it up. Talk to a professional right away. This is a matter of his life, and he is obviously serious at this point. It would be irresponsible of you to not seek help.

9. Those letters could be ages old.. But, i feel you OP. If I found those in my friends backpack I would instantly be in shock, and sad.

He could have just wrote them when he was in a dark time in his life, and after finishing the notes he may have discovered that his life has importance.

Back in my sophomore year in high school I was on edge.. Wrote the note.. then stopped and thought about wtf I was doing. reading over the note I wrote made me think about all these people that would be left in question, and hurt.

You said you have a 13 year relationship with this friend, bring that up if you do confront him about this.

Tell him that his life has meaning, and that you don't know where you would be without this friendship.

I could be rambling, but to me, this is a strong topic.

10. I would be too worried not to bring it up, I might get paranoid too everyday knowing that there's a possibility that he's taking his own life now..
    So bring it up is what I would do, tell him you wanted to hide the weed better in those pockets and you stumbled on those notes, no big deal.
    The big deal is if those were recent but you'll never know until you talk about it.

11. definitely bring it up, dont be a pussy.

i dont mean to sound cruel and i know what i am about to say is totally classless, but if he went through with it you would feel like the biggest piece of shit in the world for the rest of your life. hes your best friend for fucks sake! bring it up to him immediately!

besides, if a person knows of ones suicide intentions and is confrontational about it, theres an overwhelming chance that a life will be saved. people, by nature, are social. reasoning and talking through ones problems can be the best scenario unless there is a serious chemical balance going on in the (well just say) victim's brain.

12. i appreciate the feedback guys thank you. I've decided to bring it up to him alone when i see him face to face next. I dont wanna ask him via cell phone.