Urgent: Medical help

Discussion in 'General' started by mushroomsatsuji, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Not really emergency urgent, but I am totally stumped right now.

Earlier today as I was eating lunch, right after my first bite, the back of my throat started getting painful. Its a blunt scratchy pain. I thought I may have developed an allergy somehow, and waited till I got home to check it out. The pain went down over time, but it did it again at dinner. It doesnt seem to be a specific food, but whenever I eat something, it starts getting painful.

I got a flashlight and looked in, and the back of my throat, including the tonsils, is red and inflamed with vessels showing through.

It seems like tonsillitis or something, but only set off by eating?

Yes, Ive googled and looked through my medical books, but nothing fits exactly what Im having. Any ideas?

2. Probably just the start of a cold or something. If you feel the sides of your throat under your skin are your lymph nodes swollen?

3. No, but there is a strange swelling in my throat. Its like a little bubble on the side.

Its just really strange it only acts up when I eat. Ive never heard of any symptom like that

4. Probably because the food going past it irritates it. I would not worry much unless it gets bigger or worse. Warm tea with honey would probably help.

5. Gargle with warm salt water every few hours. Suck on hard candy (not throat shit, its a rip off and only works because you are sucking on something that keeps your throat moist. Run a cool mist vaporizer in your room for a few nights. If you develop a fever, throat pain increases or swells, consult a physician. The bills in the mail :)

6. Come to think of it, I had some nicotine gum earlier that day that really started to burn my throat....

7. Could be the start of strep throat :eek:

8. Bro no way, I are a burrito a few days ago at a taco truck the first bite I took the rope of my mouth stated hurting.When I got home I I was rubbing the top of my mouth with my tongue and felt a small bb sized bump.Its there as we speak but doesn't hurt unless I hit it with food.

I wish I knew what your going through.Just thought id add that about me. Hope your all right bro.I hate spell check.

9. So yeah, everything points to acute pharyngitis.

Why, in all the fucking days of my life, did this happen now?

I was all ready to celebrate getting through school, bought a pint of whiskey, had plans to buy BWW, watch a good movie...but what do I got now? Some bullshit that hurts like a motherfucker if I even try to eat anything.

Fuck you god. Fuck you.

10. No lie, gargle the salt water, it'll help with inflammation n what not

11. You feeling better?

12. I actually just came down with a sore throat yesterday. Sucks.

Along with migranes and aches.

13. [quote name='"Ska"']I actually just came down with a sore throat yesterday. Sucks.

Along with migranes and aches.[/quote]

Did you read my advice two up?

14. Smoke some dope playa

15. No, but I'll give that a shot. My lozengers with benzocaine and afrin is helping me out, along with Tylenol and Mucinex.

16. [quote name='"Ska"']

No, but I'll give that a shot. My lozengers with benzocaine and afrin is helping me out, along with Tylenol and Mucinex.[/quote]

Hope you feel better :)

17. So that was a weird thing. By the end of the second day, I didnt feel a thing.

No idea what that was.

18. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']So that was a weird thing. By the end of the second day, I didnt feel a thing.

No idea what that was.[/quote]

Allergy? And actually, if you have a banging immune system, it can kick a colds ass that quick.

19. Haha... How fkd up is this? Woke up with a bogus sore throat!!! Fml!!!