Urgent i need help!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nucleo, Aug 8, 2009.

1. I NEED A FAST ANSWER FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE.

Week 10 is about to come up, and i was going to flush them on week 8.

1x Dutch Passion Blueberry Feminised
    1x Sensi Big Bud Feminised

Both germinated 1-2 days apart.

4 weeks veg on 250w CFL @ 24/7

The first 2 weeks of flowering doesn't count for my flowering period since i put that down as a buffer zone from veg>flower.

Now the problem is that my last crop had these banana looking pistils at the top of the canopy right before i chopped it, thought nothing of it and had no seeds. Smoke was a delight too.

This crop, i noticed on flowering week 8 (or for you guys flower week 10) the same thing but in a far corner.

Now i'm doing 2 plants in flood n drain 11 liter buckets, changing water weekly and never going above 1500ppm. Using very good fertilizers and canna accelerator, pk13/14, hydrozyme, bio-pac. Ph between 5.2 and 6. Usualy sits at 5.7.

NOW THE PROBLEM IS 2 WEEKS LATER WHICH IS TODAY, I TOOK A CLOSER LOOK AT THEM AND I SAW SOME BIG LOOKING BUDS - I TOOK A CLOSER LOOK AND I SAW SEEDS.

IT POLLINATED ITSELF (Ok i'll admit, a branch did break due to bud weight, so i got some tape and tapped it back up but i thing 10 leaves or maybe even 15 got torn off the plant as i tapped the branch to the main stem.

Ok so now wtf? What shall i do? I was gonna flush them in tuesday but i think i'll do that today. Also, the blueberry that pollinated itself also happens to be 1 foot away from the big bud. Now they are enclosed in 0.5m2 on a 400 watt hps with a 160cm outtake and a comercial fan blowing in the bottom with another one hooked onto the reflector blowing onto the bulb. BUT THE BIG BUD DIDNT GET POLLINATED YET!!!! Unfortunately only 20% of pistils are orange. WTF???

What should I do? If i leave it, it might start producing seeds in the case it did pollinate itself.

Please someone tell me methods on how to preserve the seeded crop. It's a fag plant now and it crystalised itself way before producing the seeds and the plant is starting to have only 20% white hairs now, but unfortunately i see many pre-mature seeds on 1 branch and another branch has no signs of seeds.

FUCK FUCK FUCK SOMEONE PLEASE HELP I ALREADY SPENT ALL MORNING CUTTING THE PART WERE ALL THE POLLEN SACKS CAME FROM BUT THEY KEEP POPPING UP!!!

2. If having seeds in your bud is such a disaster to you your life must be awesome, there are bigger things to worry bout than seeds in your bud lol.

Im not attacking you or anything dude, but dont worry. You can always grow a new crop and learn from this one :)

Good luck

3. #3 nucleo, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    Sorry but you have no fucking idea the amount of carbon ive been breathing in while i'm sleeping since my carbon filter cannot fit in my tent, having to live with parents that have no idea that you are growing and to top things up, going through and making an effort to sleep through tropical temperatures just for the sake of having a few ounce to last me the rest of the year. Not to mention, i cannot show any visible signs of hot air blowing through sealed off vents, nor anything that looks obvious for guests or even friends that enter my room, and making matters worst trying to pull this off without watching tv or playing on my pc just so someone either in this house or somewhere else notices a change in the electric bill. I don't have a job in order to get a mortgage for house to be able to grow my own crop like you guys. I still go to school. And yes it is such a big deal.

4. you should have a look at my journal, same probs

5. Only thing i can say about Hermies is that they come from stress, maybe not always i dont know, but in my situations it only happened when i stressed my plants (not on purpose of course but it happens when you learn) my problem was my night temps always dropped a little too much, i now keep it between a 5 and 10 degree drop. and it only happens on my femmed seeds/cuttings. I just looked at the Big bud finishing times on Sensi and as far as it says yours should be done (they usually refer to commercial crops). The blue berry is the later flowerer, more sativa(am i right?) And as 1 being mostly sativa and the other indica those 1500 ppm, could be causing the hermies if it is happening on the blueberry because sativas are fertilizer sensitive since requiring a lesser amount then indicas. Now about harvesting now, if youve been using organic nutes then the flush would still be better but isnt as bad of a taste as when using chemical ferts. Tough choice, but i believe that as long as you cure them right you shouldnt be in a bad spot. If you want the seeds to mature then harvest everything except for those branches. it will stress the plant but that doesnt matter anymore because all it will do is increase the ripening time of the seeds by a day or 2 and cut back on the flower energy and you dont need that for your seeds. Your call, greetz -syze-

6. I don't care for the term " fag ". I know how you meant it and that's cool. But it's a derogatory word and could be insulting to some of our fellow members.
    Just saying.

7. your pc or tv, isnt going to mkae that big of a flux in the power bill.

I was running 2 mh 1000w and 8 4ft t5 fluros, fans, 6 water pumps, and other shit.. only made my power jump 100.00

Your power bill may increase 10.00 maybe 20.00 with a pc or tv running, Im going to guess alot less then 20.00 though :)

this is how I see this, It's when you stress and get paranoid is when you make the mistakes that get you cought or introuble, so just chill and relax..

Now for the buds, Take some pics.. are you 100% sure there seeds? Our c99, had some shells that looked like seeds but they were the plant leaves just round shell looking ones.

(also if they are seeds, Don't grow them. they will prob. do the same thing, become hermies. )

Peace.
    Will.

8. is that what you have read? Or your experience? My experience says the opposite. Also his plant isnt a hermie. It did produce a male flower on a female flower cluster. But a hermie acts totally different. A hermie shows itself from the start of flowering. And I have never had a Herm offspring through an asexual seed <- How has it occured to you? just curious, the more i know the better!

9. No sir, the blueberry is actualy 80/20 Indica dominent, the big bud on the other hand is more sativa compared to the blueberry. Yes the big bud had more stress than the blueberry due to higher PPM for the indica feeding chart - HOWEVER - the blueberry stressed out and self-polinated?

Ok i admit i made a few mistakes, my hps was actualy 6" from the top of the blueberry, and yes the blueberry had yellowing from the radiation, however i never burnt the plant, as close as it was.

10. #10 nucleo, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
    Ok guys, i didn't risk it, the plant had about i'm sure well over 100 seeds with only maybe 1-2 mature brown, the rest are pre-mature since i can squeeze juice out of the others.

I cut it straight, didn't flush because i can't really work in my tent since it's so small i can just see one side of the plants not the other, and i can't really turn the pots around because my system is really high tech i haven't messed around dismantling the drain pipes incase they have been sealed to the pots.

Now the big bud is still in the tent and i don't think the hermie pollinated it but i see really slow white to orange hairs.

Could anyone tell me how fast the plant's metabolism changes producing seed from the moment it is pollinated?

I will flush it next week for another week using hydroponic flush juice which can do the job in 3 days and the other 4 with plain water.

I dont have a microscope.

Upon cutting it, it took me over 2 hours of manual cutting to remove virtualy all the leaves, however i left the seeds on the stick around the bud.

Does this mean the plant will use it's juice now to mature only the seeds? Or will it do it's THC thing too? Or does it share it for both?

Like i said i didn't flush, so i assume the rest of the nutrients within the plant will end up going somewhere right? Or not, since i took most of the leaves off?

The other funny thing is, 1-2 branches are full of seeds, another might have only 5 or 6.

Iv'e also realised that the seeds mostly packed the bottom were new flowers were meant to mature. There are a few on the top aswell, but i doubt i can germ them.

Edit: The past week they were fed with GHE Ripen and Canna Boost Accelerator, no fertilizers - ppm at about 1200 on a 22 litre tank then when they drink the ppm rises to about 1500 3-4 days later, which i assume i need to top the tank up again at this point or i'll burn the plants?

I have also been using Liquid Oxygen (Hydro Peroxide) and i have 2 air stones in the tank back-to-back tucked under were the pump sucks in water to feed the flood. Am i fucking up the plant by giving it too much oxygen? I don't have any Co2 besides the breath i exhale which i doubt would make a difference.

Last question is that i heard you can use carbonated water to spray on plants as part as a co2 uptake, however would recycling a carbon filters air back into the tent blowing vaguely on top of the plants, be able to supply any co2 to them? Sorry i know it sounds stupid, but i am a very quick learner.

11. Sir the plant might be intersexual. On the other hand, my first crop was the same. I think the hps light is way too close, thing is, i never burn them, they just get radiation and the leaves started to yellow, but because i think i did everything right, and this was mostly indica, this plant speeded up the process and gave me seeds. There's well over 500 seeds actualy, i just hand picked a bud the side of my hand, and it ditched out about 90. Imagine the whole plant then?