Urgent help seeds problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bionecrosis, Apr 30, 2013.

1. #1 bionecrosis, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
    Big problem here all my seeds aredieing.First germinated 4 seeds.I put them in deionized water for 24h after that in paper towel.After they cracked planted in peat perlit mix presoaked with deionized water,so all nutes are gone.Weited alot only 1showed up an is healthy others nothing.Diged the soil carefuly,one of the seeds had somethonk like mold on the tap root.Other had very little and rotting tap root.After that germinated 3 more coco peat perlit mix presoaked the cups again.The seeds was like two hours in glass wih the deionized water after that I planted them in the soil not too deep.After few days one of them showed next day rotes and die.I weited. I weited for others an nothing digged a little and saw there tap roots rotting also.What can couse this seeds are from attitude, temps was always in range and never ryed never watered only few times sprayed.PH of the peat was betwin 6 and the coco also forhe wate no shure.I readed somewhere that the deionized water can absorb alot Co2 from the air and become too acid.Please any.odeas jeed I have only two.seeds left and is already 30 april.so I need help fast,ty

2. Way to wet operation, soak seeds over nite in a glass, then next day or 2 on a damp towel, maintain 75F/25C, when tails are 1/2 inch long transfer to seedling mix or jiffy pucks, after 2 weeks to 3 gallon pot, just use clean tap water

3. Keep it simple....seeds in puified bottle water for three or four days, leave in water till there is a little tail. Put in walmart potting soil. No need to wory about light till seed sprouts. When seed sprouts put under a 26 w cfl bulb no nutes till three leaf sets/ or an inch or two. The less human intervention the better. Find out best temp/humidity, but note if plant is in exream conditions such as a cold basement or hot attic dont worry about temp and humidity....its a weed, plant enough seeds and a good plant will be had...its weed that has been here longer than this forum, read a few guides and watch a few videos and you will be an expert here like every one else... Btw I like snow melt for seedlings....

4. I know the process.I did it many times never had problems now I destroyed all my seeds.All of them germinated and after that the little tap root trotted,nothing over soaked,probably is from the water now I just used paper towel method for my last 3 seeds with spring water,hope this will work.