urgent help clone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by THCmybestFriend, May 5, 2009.

1. Ok so i just got a clone that i was told to put in veg, upon arriving to my house the stem of it broke and its dangling buy one little strand, I MUST save this clone is there anyway i can.

2. i can see it withering before my eyes!!!!

3. From my experience, it can still survive, depending on how big the overall clone is... I just had a plant break a branch, and it was dangling but wasnt completely broken off - it was still barely attached. And it stayed alive, because as long as theres a little bit still attached, its still getting water and such... So all you can really do is give it some love, try to rest the broken branch back in place somehow, and hope that it continues to get water from the stalk long enough for the rest of the plant to get big enough to clone...

4. oh man i hope soo this is a good strand and my first shot at growing I hope this little guy pulls through.

5. Didnt see your second post before i posted my reply - but if its wilting then its probably a goner bro... Only thing i can think of, is if the broken branch is clone-able then you should clone it.

Anyone else have some words of wisdom for this poor fellow?

6. pic coming in 2 secs should i attempt to clone this i have no cloning agent.

7. [​IMG]

its broken right where it starts going under the base.

8. I can't even tell if it's actually cannabis from your pic.

I don't have any experience saving clones with broken stems though sorry.

9. My experience is that your plant is a goner. I could be wrong, but your options right now are limited to nothing. :(

10. Happened to my gnomes a couple of times.

Use a match stick or somethign and try to put it back in to place as yoy woudl a broken leg! they are very resilient - the last one that broke ended up outside and grew to over 2m in height!

Were there is will ther is a way! it will be fine.

That said, if you can get another one that will be easier as it will add a few days to your grow while it is fixing itself

11. theres a will soo hopefully she will regain her strength im just going to stay optimistic:eek:

12. Pretty blurry pic, but I'd say dead man, you can let 'er hang out, hope something pops up? I'd go ahead and try to get another clone man. Try gettin' buyin' a branch of the strain is my personal start experience, Then learn to clone it yourself/more room for error.

13. Best advice id give yah depends on where the break is located on the stem. If its low enough , cut slightly above the break witha razor blade at 45 degree angle , dose the fresh cut area in a rooting gel. Re plant and put a clear plastic bag over your pot to reatin some humidity. Hopefully it will reroot. Your pics look like its too late for this , but if its gonna die there is no harm in trying this.

14. GREAT NEWS!!!!!!! after some tender love and care and i mean tender it seems its coming back to life im soooooo happy:hello:

15. thanks man, Im checking out your grow man thats pretty cool for a first grow to go big like that, this is my first and im starting off with one and already having issues hahah.

16. lol, yeah I've already probably lost like 40 clones tho, This first grow I wanna max my yield, but I also want to bring in ALOT more lil guys behind 'em, I'm gonna expand a lil bigger, I really like my strains too

17. Right on man! Good to hear it! What did you end up doing that saved it? I agree with "dryassistance" in saying that if it doesnt quite seem like its gunna survive, cut as low as possible (above the break) and take a fresh clone of it. But it seems like that wont be neccessary anymore :hello: congrats. Got a pic of the clone now?

PS. where do u keep your clone? (eg: what envirvonment like in a dome or in the open or what, and what kind of light, etc.)

18. Right now i have it in veg in a hydroponic drip system with a 250 MH. The strain is cantolupe haze. Pretty much i just fixed the stem by supporting it with the wool and feeding it, I gave her lots of attention almost like a sick puppy. I would put a pic but i only have the laptop cam and the quality kinda sucks.