Urgent flowering - lighting question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AloeRuss, Jan 12, 2013.

1. I have a powdery mildew growing on my plants and bought some fans and some wash to try and control it.
    However, my flowering lighting hours is from 7 to 7. I have to wait 3 more hours until I can shed lights on my plants.
    Is there any ideas I can use to get in there with the light as soon as I can?

2. [quote name='"AloeRuss"']I have a powdery mildew growing on my plants and bought some fans and some wash to try and control it.
    However, my flowering lighting hours is from 7 to 7. I have to wait 3 more hours until I can shed lights on my plants.
    Is there any ideas I can use to get in there with the light as soon as I can?[/quote]

If u need to work on ur girls during the dark time get a led green flashlight from ur local hydro store or the Internet.

3. One of the green twisty bulbs works great.. mine never gets shut off.. doesnt matter where ya get it, they usually say party bulb or some shit but they work great and you have both hands free to work...

4. use a green lighted headlamp to keep both hands free

5. I got it. But the issue would still be to open the tent during the day. A lot of light will still be going through.

I went there two hours early and openned all the walls last night. :(

6. You should always wait until lights on before working on your plants if there's any type of light penetrating when you open the tent/room/cab.

7. ^ what he said

8. Understood. I will make sure of that.

9. I have a flower box and veg room, and dont go near the veg room until the flower lights are on now.. i like my green light, but the veg closet puts out so much light i dont wanna chance it.. if you had a 2nd door to go in and shut before you opened the tent.. then youd be good...

10. It's tough. I broke the rule last night. I turned the lights on 2 hours ahead. I hope this will not mess everything.

11. I wouldnt rreccomend doin that again.. i have a local buddy always flippin lights on to show off his shit durin night cycle.. then he never understood why his plants wouldnt bud and looked all sick and shit.. ever seen a partially flowered plant do the reveg? Not a pretty sight.. its a no no bro, just sayin

12. Whats the 'wash' you got for your PM issue?

13. Gotta learn to have some patience. My lights don't turn on until 8 PM, and when i got shit to do in there, I hate waiting until that late to get it over with, but it's just part of it.

Unless you want hermies, anyway. Screwing up the light cycle stresses the plants and causes them to hermie. Sucks to put forth all the effort for some seeded bud.

14. Yes. I got that part. I only openned them 2 hours early once. Not happening again. Now, I am there for at least an hour after 7. Learning to wait :)

15. Haha, this your first grow? I know I did the same thing my first grow. Pretty common thing, I'd imagine.

16. First, sir. With the toughest strain. OG Kush. Had number of issues but learning to deal.
    I just can't even imagine, loosing my crop on 3 rd week of flowering.