URGENT! A question about drying

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gop, Oct 10, 2008.

1. A friend of mine just harvested his outdoor plants. He is convinced that he wants to dry them upside down for 1-2 days and than put them straight into jars. He is saying that if he drys them too much upside down they loose their potency. However if he puts them in jars 1 day after the harvest, the buds turn dark, but the potency is much stronger. Is there any truth in that? He says that he did that same thing 2 weeks ago with a couple of plants and swears that the potency is much stronger if he puts them straight into the jars. I am really not convinced and i think he will ruin the harvest. What effect does mould on the THC, does it destroy it?

2. You do not want to smoke mold. Don't put wet weed in jars. What I did this year is trimmed most of the big leaves off, let it dry for a week or so hanging until it was dry and most stems snap, with exception to the big ones. Then put it in jars and open it every day for a while. Search around here you'll find guides on drying and curing.

3. yea dry for a week or so in a good temp environment (dry them in the dark)

make sure they dont get to dry on the outside. We want to keep some moisture from the inside of the bud for cure.

once they are dry , put them in jars and burp the jars atleast (2) 30 minutes a day. once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

also cure in the dark. The light makes the THC lower and will take potency away. Also cure in a good temp area. not to hot or your bud will be very dry and harsh on your throat. The smoke wont get what it needs from the cure.

Hope this helped