Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ur take on tasty puffs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thedanksta, Nov 21, 2003.

1. I know this is an old one, but does anyone know what is in tasty puff?? I mean beause I lit a fresh bowl that was wet from just a drip of it on it and it bursted into flames!! :eek: eeK!

Then I tasted it and it tasted like perfume.. (Yes I have tried that too!)

The website says that the FDA approved its chemical ingredients, but what exactly are they??

Anyone care to figure this one out??

2. When I glanced at this thread I first read "ur taste on takey puffs" and I was like :confused:

But no, I've never used one before. I like the taste of my bud :)

3. Agreed. I dont think it's good at all to entertain the idea of putting chemicals in your weed... The last thing I'd want is for people to link some bullshit to marijuana usage because of the effects of this on marijuana users, but damn! Seriously metal smokable screens, FSC on cigarettes and now this... Son ova bitch!

Personally, I too prefer to smoke it all natural.
    Afterall thats the way god meant it!:smoke:

4. I had the grape one and the sour apple one. Tasted like artificial flavouring, and made the smoke more harsh.

On the other hand, the mint one and the chocolate one were decent...

5. #85 Chertz92, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
    Mint sounds convincing, especially if you already smoke menthol cigarettes:rolleyes:. I tried Banana and Blueberry and those were good, but recently I bought bubble gum and it was so sweet, it was really quite terrible.. I mean bubble gum is good and all but I don't think I enjoy smoking it too much..

If someone does smoke this stuff though, I'd suggest only putting about 1-2 per half oz and just let it sit and dry completely. I'm pretty sure this shit is just perfume though...:eek:

Anyway I emailed tasty puff corporation in Albuquerque, NM to get a comment on the ingredients they claim are considered safe by the FDA, but since when are potheads trust the FDA judgment regarding whats safe and not? But seriously if they get back to me (which I doubt because of the nature of the question) I'll post it here. If anything the FDA wouldn't give a fuck, becuase these flavor drops are targeted at stoners. The sons of bitches still haven't even approved DCA (dichloroacetate) for cancer patients, but they approved this??

I remember some dude trying to sell weed with this shit on it as chronic, saying it was blueberry yum yum or something.. Any true pothead would know that blueberry chronic doesn't smell like a fucking blueberry fragrance! And its funny because he charged twice the amount just because of that and people actually bought, hell I was gonna get some too but I'm glad I didn't! Nowadays tasty puff is at every headshop in America!

Imagine that, you invent perfume for weed and your rich. Kind of like those fucking crystals you sprinkle on your weed to give it a nice resinated look lol, they call it jewleery for your bud!! I saw it in hightimes and was like wtf! What will they think of next?

6. my local head shop sells them, they're alright, but makes it taste a little different.

7. #87 Chertz92, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2011
    Here is an email from Tasty Puff because I asked what it was made of;

This is what I wrote:

I've been using tasty puff for some time now, and noticed it was quite flammable and tasted like perfume. So what exactly is in it if you don't mind me asking?

Hello -----,

All of the ingredients in Tasty Puff are FDA approved. It is made from extracts of plants, fruits, spices. Non-flavor ingredients include water, food coloring, propylene glycol, and ethyl alcohol. Tasty Puff is (unsweetened) food-grade flavoring and totally edible, although we don’t recommend it because it is highly concentrated flavoring and doesn’t taste very good directly on the tongue! Tasty Puff is very concentrated, so start with one drop. You can always add more if necessary. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Erin Kay

Tasty Puff LLC

10005 Acoma Rd. SE, Suite A

Albuquerque, NM 87123

505-323-4477

505-323-5772 (fax)

8. for tobacco i may say do it...but why ruin great flavored herb?

9. Tasty puffs are strong. I only put this on crappy smoke, never the good stuff. Why would you need to help good stuff? It always tasted sooooooooo good!

But! I did find that if I only

1. Put it on crappy smoke to give it some thrill.

2. Only use it on occasion with a hitter.

3. never put it with my main stash. I have some stash tins, I buy from this head shop down the way from us like the tasty puffs, it keeps it seperated and fresh from the smell. They have a website Kublnick's Specialty Gifts

Things are good. Not a bad idea, and it competes with flavored papers. Toss up! Really go for a blunt paper if I need more. I go with a "Special" hitter when I smoke tasty puff.

I can't be sure that thye are the cheapest, I dont shop around much, but they treated me with such kindness, and gave me an indefinite coupon for my next order, that even if they were a bit higher than some, they won me to come back and shop there.

Nice cool people! We need more of these kinds of people here in this world.

I believe it took me going through about 6 to find that I like the blueberry thrill more than any of the other ones I tried. I know there are about 2 dozen i think.

Sometimes I even dip some smoke in it and let it just sit. This makes it smell better in my stash room.

I see those that don't like it, I seen those who like it. Just depends on if you find one you like fast enough. Yes some are foul! Some stink! but , I found out there was one for me.

Thanks for listening people, you all rock!

10. this same post is a few pages back...

11. My brother like fucking collects em. He says it's good for smoking with butane, makes it taste amazing.

12. I always see the tasty puff ads and have always wanted to try them.
    I finally got a chance to try it the other day and it was horrible. It was 'juicy fruit' flavored.

First I packed a bowl and put one drop over the weed. (It says you're supposed to let it dry, which I neglected to do.)

Upon taking my hit I could definitely taste it, tasted like cough syrup. After exhaling it left this weird lingering effect in your lungs that makes you wanna cough with every breath.
    After coming to the conclusion that I wasted a bowl pack by polluting it with weird flavorings I decided to give it one more try with a cigarette.

I put one drop in the tip of the cigarette. Not wanting to wait for it to dry, I put a lighter to the tip. To my surprise the tip lit aflame and stayed burning for a good 10-15 seconds, turns out this stuff is flammable too...

As you probably have guessed it ruined the cigarette too. Same weird taste but the worst part is the lingering effect in your lungs that makes you wanna cough.

I recommend not getting this stuff guys. Just stick to the weed flavor :smoke:

13. umm ^ ive got the grape and i must say i really do like it. i put about 2 drops down the length of a cigarette, let it dry for a couple minutes and enjoy the flavoursome goodness and if anything i find it smoother then a normal ciggy. I think you really have to let it dry otherwise your probably inhaling alot of the stuff that they want to evaporate

14. I wanna try these but heard you drop them into the bong water?

15. I have a bottle of the "Convicted Melon" watermelon flavor by Tasty Puff. It's alright, it's a little too sweet to be honest. It tastes good the first few hits but as what your blunt/cigarette/joint gets lower, and it gets smokier, it kind of tastes like shit. Maybe a drop here and there in a bong hit is better, but I wouldn't use it all the time.

Overall, it's only like 4 bucks, I'd say get it. It's a really tiny bottle but I've had mine for like a year.

16. Thankkkkks