upside-down ganja plant?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by soupofgeorge, Mar 28, 2011.

1. So I was walkin through walgreens today wasting time, I know what a place to waste time, stayed two hours and all I bought was a wine swisher rillo. Anyways I saw a thing for tomatoes that you hang from a hook, it was a cylinder made out of some nylon type material with about an 8 inch diameter and 1 foot from top to bottom. You put the plant in the bottom and water from the top. I know, it's for tomatoes, but I was high and thought maybe it could work for ganja as well. Put the grow lights under it (assuming its an indoor grow) and let er rip. Maybe gravity working with plant instead of against it could improve potency due to less stress on the plant pushing itself up against gravity. Mostly just something new, would this work or is it just implausible?

2. The old Topsy Turvy method... LOL

They say the tomato plant is the closest plant to the marijuana as far as needed grow conditions.. So I don't see why it wouldn't work if you can get the light around the plant as opposed to one side of it.. Or have the Topsy Turvy on a very, very slow spinning devise so all sides of the plant gets light...

Don't know about the whole gravity idea you had going (must have been some good bud you smoked).. The plant's genetics determines the height, size, and thc content..

3. Ballin. Never heard the tomatoe mj comparison. And it was alright, mixed with I doser it was intense lol.

4. How big of a yield could you get off of a plant grown that way

5. That doesn't mean they necessarily have everything...or even much...in common. The manatee's closest relative is the elephant, but you can't exactly expect manatees to roam sub-Saharan Africa just because their cousins do.

MJ can be made to grow in a topsy turvy but not well.

6. Ya, back in the day before the Internet come along there were things called books which was made out or paper, that a few of them made that comparison... LOL ;)

Marijuana is a weed and can be grown just about anywhere..

I used to toss my commercial smoke seeds over the railing of my porch which below was just all hard as a rock, red clay soil, and some of them would sprout up in that shitty clay and grow into some what of a plant..

7. Lol I'm still broadening my library. But scanning the internet is fairly easier than finding good books in this area

8. Well, the books were wrote and published by professional growers and breeders, where on the internet, you get anyone with a PC and an option, being right or wrong... ;)

There is SO MUCH bad information online!!

I seen one post (I forget where), but the poster was suggesting that you could piss on your plants for fertilizer!!! WTF :D

9. Wow... he was smoking some pretty potent stuff lol.

10. Not piss on your plants, but you certainly can use diluted urine as a nitrogen fertilizer, it's been done for thousands of years...