Ups than dowwwnnnsss....I got fired today, find out why

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by soapman, May 19, 2010.

1. Holy Grailery :eek: I just checked the lineup and it's pretty epic.

Vampire Weekend AND MGMT ?
    Kid Cudi
    Deadmau5
    LCD Soundsystem

and on
    and on

:hello:

2. There's something very satisfying about letting power know how you really feel.

3. bro for this to be legit, you would have to let him know 2 weeks in advance... to get days off of work.. what are you complaining for? cuz you couldnt get a whole weekend off cuz you wanted to? it doesnt work like that...
    fail

4. #24 Stoopid Toker, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
    Sorta sounds like your fired yourself. You escalated the conversation and it really sounds like you went about it all wrong.

If you are scheduled to work that weekend then you have made a commitment to your boss and company. He sounded pretty reasonable if you ask me, seems like ur boss didnt care if you got off, he just had to take care of his responsibilities, which obviously includes making sure someone is there at work to fill your job.

You probably could have worked something out between now and that weekend.

I would never hire you. I'm sure you dont care, and you have no reason to care about how i feel, i'm just giving you my opinion. You do sound like you have an attitude, and a false sense of entitlement, again, just my opinion.

I feel like people should earn things. Congrats on your tickets, and have a good weekend. If you dont need that job than i guess it doesnt matter to you, but i know a lot of people that wouldnt mind washing cars for 11 bucks an hour.

edit: just read your response that you dont depend on that job for food and whatever else, so, great for you, but nevertheless, i still would never act like that, i have principles and just feel like that isnt the way business shouldnt be handled. I wouldnt like to be in your situation or your boss'

5. Adam Carolla summed it up when he said, "Anytime someone is paying you they get to tell you what to do." I spent last saturday night digging through a shit filled toilet with A SNAKE to unclogg it for my boss. Four hours bathed in someone else's shit at the liquor store. I got no bonus, I wanted to vomit but I didn't bitch piuss or moan. I did it because that was my JOB. Did I want to tell him "Im no fucking plumber fix your own fucking toilet, fuckhead?" Yes. But discretion is the better part of valor. If you put in notice at least you get a reference but if you quit like that now you might have trouble finding a new job. But if the place was shit then I'm glad you moved on though.

6. Good story, OP.:smoking:

7. Dunno, that sounds like extortion to me. You're basically signing a document not to sue him, but that won't hold up in a criminal case. If he gets caught and they find documented evidence that you knew of this and agreed to keep hush for what looks like a bribe, you might get in trouble. I would consult a lawyer for sure before going down this avenue.

8. haha, I was going to head up to Sasquatch, but the three artists I wanted to see the most are all coming to my city within like 3 weeks of each other! That freed me up to go to Bobolink! (great little festival in the Sierras)

9. #29 soapman, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
    Yeah insane....totally gonna be a worthy weekend. I can always get another job, but how many times is there gonna be a line up like that??? Once maybe twice in a lifetime.

Yeah of course, in standard business format sure that's how it works. Considering I asked for memorial day weekend off back in January, he just never wrote it down and I knew he wouldn't. Cause he's a fucking idiot. Originally I was supposed to go to alta lake with my dad for that weekend but he's overloaded at his work and can't leave. So technically I was supposed to already have that weekend off but he never recorded it.

And if you worked at my work you wouldn't be saying that stuff....You can ask for the next day off if you wanted to. It's not run like standard business work it's very very very casual. Shit, I'm allowed to wear my street clothes to work, I smoke weed there all the time during working hours, I used to get paid to smoke weed practically, since I would do it for a total of two hours out of my shift.

You say fail...I say success.

I hear what you're sayin. I respect places of business that keep it just that.... business. But my working environment is a very unprofessional working environment. Anybody who works there will tell you that. A lot of people don't like it for that reason and a lot of people do. I did for a while now I don't. Not saying now as in because I didn't get what I wanted, I've been extremely unhappy there for about the last year or two.

Just as an example of how unprofessional it is. The owner will walk through sometimes and just fire people at random, depending on his mood. I remember one time he showed up in the morning and fired a lot attendant (not me) fired two (2) finance people, fired three managers, the gm, the subaru manager, and the used car manager. They all went home for about an hour before the owner called them all back saying he was wrong. He did all that because there was 3 cars on the board from the night before, 3 sold cars. His mood his based on everything. I can't get raises unless he's in a very good mood. Getting raises is based on working performance, which mine is stellar, I should have had at least $1 a year just based on performance alone. I don't care who the fuck you are you don't run a business like that, you don't fire people than call them saying your wrong. You should never fire people because you're scared you're not gonna have money for yourself. He's greedy. So I'll hit him where it hurts...his wallet.

and just to clarify you wouldn't hire based solely of what you just read. But I bet if I turned my resume to you and you didn't know it was me you were gonna hire, you'd hire me. I'm a great worker and have been told so by many past employers. I'm a solid worker things just get scary when I get fucked over, I'm not a drone. I'm a pretty intelligent person and I'm not afraid to exercise that intelligence, especially when my employer keeps pushing me, I will push back. This isn't my only troublesome incident with this company...but it will be there last.

You make a good point that I've never thought about that, this is a lot like chess I have to play my moves very carefully, I appreciate your input.

You're absolutely right it's extortion. That's why it has to be his idea to pay me to keep quiet. I never thought that if somebody else was to incriminate him for the same thing I want to that I could get in trouble for taking a bribe...I was curious about that too. Thanks for the info, more to think about. The whole problem I'm having though is if I talk to a lawyer and proceed to file a lawsuit I can't file the complaint with L&I. It's all real confusing do you happen to know if lawyers charge to consult, like answer questions and stuff?