Upper Or Lower Leaves?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by kingcris, Jun 11, 2014.

1. So I was wondering before I start my cultivation, during vegging do you want to cut off lower or upper fan leaves? Help would be appreciated!

2. U really dont wana cut any unless ur toping or the leaf is over 50% dead

3. And definitely not fan leaves, just the baby shoots that wouldn't make it to the canopy. 

4. #4 mynameisEarrrl, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    I grow large plants (5'-6'). 1000w of light will only sufficiently penetrate about 3' into the canopy, so, with that being said, I cut about 21/2'-3' of all growth(branches and all) from the bottom of my plants. Not only does it create more airflow but it makes viewing a lot easier! These bottom branches would normally only produce smaller, popcorn("B" nugs) if left on. Now, that energy can go towards producing even bigger "A" type buds. So, it can actually increase your yield of "bigger" buds, making them even larger while increasing overall yield! Remember light diminishes exponentially the further you get from the source. There are all kinds of charts on the web that show this in relation to wattages. Remember, don't do any cutting of your plants once they are about 2 weeks into flowering, the plants may view this as a attack and respond by producing male flowers! It's all about survival!!! Hope this helped! Keep it Green! Peace!