Upgrading from a grow box

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by SNNTG, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Hey all :)

Ive been using a grow box I got offline it does the job but its small and way overpriced. I have a fair knowledge of electrical and building skills and I was thinking about turning my old fridge / freezer into a grow box the freezer is on the bottom and I was thinking about making that into the water tank basically or to start my clones in there. any thoughts / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks Sonny out

2. Anything smaller than 8 cu ft is trouble, better at 12 cu ft, so why not a tent? is portable and very cheap to make, seems the smaller the space the smaller the buds, so you are really gonna need this to work for you, as far as time x money = buds

3. its a fairly large fridge Ive i bobed down a bit you could fit to of me in there and im not small

4. i think the fridge would be an excent idea! i have thought of finding an old fridge and doing this myself. i would personlly use the bottom for clones or seedlings to keep harvesting every so many days. i also thought about making it a hydro cabinent making the freezer part a water res and using some of the cooling componants to "chill" the water either way i think would be great thus doing the hydro idea could provide more growing room

5. id be very interested to see what you end up doing with the fridge as its someting i plan to do someday post pics if you fallow through with this