Upgrade questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by snowybudz, Mar 26, 2018.

1. trying to upgrade to a 3 area perpetual. Also switch from hps to cmh. This is my idea sketched out. Already have a 4.5x4.5 ft tent I'm planning on using for veg. I plan on 8 plants each area rotated every 5-6 weeks. Does this seem like my optimal set up? Or is there a way I can utilize more area. I need to stay under 24 plants. Would like 3+ lbs per month. Seem achievable? Currrently a soil grower but plan on changing to either nft or ebb and flow during upgrades.

Attached Files:

2. can't look at the pic sideways it makes my brain hurt. but goodluck

3. It looks like a stoner drew your plans

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. with 8, 315w lights you can get 0-5 pounds every 9-10 weeks.
    if everything was good (temps, fert.s, RH,...) on average you will probably get 1 pound per month.
    everything at its best could be 2 pounds a month.!

5. I have 2 1000 watt hps is there an efficient way to incorporate them to increase yeilds. And only a pound per area? I average 1.75 lbs in the 4.5x4.5 tent under one 1000. I'm using 1250 watts of cmh in the new areas...

6. It will be a perpetual the 4.5x4.5 veges for 1 6x6 area flower. In a 3 area rotation to harvest every 4-6 weeks

7. Are you filling up the 6x6 with full canopy? If you are doing two rooms and you have them finish a month apart you can get 1.5lb every month. If your doing a full 6x6 and have the light to support it I can see 2+ lb

Are you using co2? Also if your doing hydro it will be faster so you can get more grows out of a season so those numbers can go up. Your limiting factor is your veg room it’s a bit small, but might work out if you time it right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yes, adding light and more grow area will increase yields.
    no, it is 2.75 pounds per 1250w per grow cycle.... about 1.25 pd/ month, 0.25 pd/week AT THE MOST
    your average harvest will be between 0.5 and one gram per watt per cycle (9-10 weeks)...
    1260w x 0.5 = 630g / 28.3g = 22.25 ounces per cycle per area ........ 1.4 pounds
    1260w x 1 = 1260g / 28.3g = 44.5 oz/cycle/area ........ 2.75 pounds

using 8 315w cmh for flower and everything doing good you should get between 2.8 and 5.5 pounds every 9-10 weeks, that is 0.25 to 0.5 pounds per week, 1-2 pd/month.!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Awesome break down I appreciate it

10. Do you have experience using cmh? If so I'd appreciate knowledge on them as I'm in the process of transferring from hps. Is it worth it? Does the gpw compare to hps? How many replace 1000 watt hps? Do you basically just go watt for watt but have the benefit of a more spread out canopy or do you think of them more like an led?

11. I plan on attempting to fill in the fall 6 x 6 every time. I would like to run CO2 at least in the veg however with the cost of upgrading lights and switching the Hydro I've already looking At a bit of money. My room isn't completely sealed though so it's not really completely necessary as far as I've been told. do you not think for 315 W CMH lights would be Plenty of coverage?

12. I haven’t grown with that light, but even for a 1k HPS that’s too much to cover. Maybe think about adding in s light mover, then you have a better chance of for that coverage, no added heat or lights. I know bit more about led and hps.

Long as you have ventilation to bring in new air and remove old air you will be good with out co2 also If this is all in one room, you would be adding co2 to all three rooms. But yeah co2 is the last thing you should add in as you should be fully dialed in first.

Cheap route is soil if you wanted to wait before going into hydro. But you can’t beat the speed of hydro, so all depends on your needs, wants, and your limiting factors.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hydro is a for sure. The reason I ask the comparison between the 1000 and how many to equal with the 315s isn't because I think 1000 watts would be enough for that area. I use a 1000 in 4x4 max just trying to figure out yeilds and I know what I consistently yield of if each 1000 watt. I currently run a 2600 watt flower

14. I need to use the cmh to cover more canopy with less heat. As summer temp get me to 87-90 f sometimes

15. Current set up

Attached Files:

16. watt for watt the heat is the same.!
    the only difference is the distance from the bulb to the canopy.
    if you have a 1000w bulb you have to remove 1000w of heat, if you have three 315 w bulbs you have to remove 945w of heat.!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. three 315w cmh will need a different grow technique....
    in my experiences.....

23w compact florescents properly lights 6-12 inches (15-30cm) down into a thick canopy...
    a 400w hps lights a canopy 18-24 inches deep (45-60cm)
    600w hps - 24-30 inches deep (60-75cm)
    1000w hps - 30-36 in. deep (75cm- 1m)

18. Less penetration for the cmh? So basically just flatten canopy more? If I was to run six instead of four in that area would I receive better yeilds or is that much more like diminishing returns since plants can only use so much light?

19. Embarrassing extra posts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Delete. Errors create double post.