Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[UPDATED] Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Recommendation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I'm in Washington and I tried to get mine but the person at the mmj clinic where you get it was being so rude it made me mad. But yah what are all the conditions that acceptable cus I have severe anxiety and depression and they said no for that. I also have lots of nausea and don't really get hungry

From the first post in the thread:

Washington
    Cachexia
    Cancer
    HIV or AIDS
    Epilepsy
    Glaucoma
    Intractable pain (defined as pain unrelieved by standard treatment or medications)
    Multiple sclerosis
    Other conditions are subject to approval by the Washington Board of Health.

3. Does it really matter in Washington anymore?

4. Yes if you're under 21

5. I didn't see anything on the list but does anyone know if I can get a ommp card for delayed sleep phase disorder it's ruining my life I had to drop out of school and I've already lost a bunch of friends because it

6. hey everyone i have a problem that wasn't listed an di wanna know if i'd qualify for a MMID

i have this thing where my hands are always sweaty, and not just clammy but i mean they will be dripping wett sometimes! its disgusting!!! feet to. no matter what i do my hands wont stop sweating, and since the body sweats to usualy coo downl your internal body tempature and im not really needing to im always FREEZING COLD. it can be 60F and i'll be wearing a winterjacket! 

My BF says i have really bad anxiety and that im always nervous all the time and thats why im sweating, its extremly rare when my hands arent sweating exsessivly.

the only thing thats stops the constant sweating of my hands and feet is weed so i smoke alot because i just cant stand having soaking wet sweaty hands all the time.

PLEASE AWNSER ME D:! 

i do not live in a state where marijuana is legal (yet) so if anyone knows if or when NH plans on doin that plz tell me.

7. I think I might seizure disorders since I pass out a lot sometimes. But it sucks cause ny hasn't legalized marijuana yet :/.

8. Could irritable bowel syndrome classify under chronic pain? It flares up often and can be enough to stop me from performing at work properly.

9. Would a recommendation ever be given in CA along with other medication to counteract the side effects? I take a mild steroid for undergrowth and it causes migraines and stomach problems.

Thou whilst only liveth once.

10. I think a recommendation would be given in CA because you cough to hard from smoking herb and it hurts. I would talk to your doctor that is giving you the steroid and ask him. If you are already smoking to ease those side effects and it works then he would more than likely be open to it esp if he is pro medical. Will you be on the pills for the rest of your life?

11. Most likely. I have an immune defficiency (hypogammaglobulinemia to get sciency) and I've been getting infusions every couple of weeks. Gaining weight is a big problem for me, so ive been taking different pills for a while. I will be getting infusions for the rest if my life. Most likely pills too but idk about the same ones.

Thou whilst only liveth once.

12. What if I have anxiety and a crooked spine from one of my legs being longer than the other..it doesn't hurt that bad but I could play along hah..

13. I feel your pain..stay very hydrated

14. Hopefully I can get mine in MA.

This is the exact argument that is used by those that don't want medical marijuana. And it is a valid one.

16. I'll see if I can manage to get a medical card for migraines, Migraines really ruin your day and anything you do makes it worse. Thank god for Natural Medicine :smoke:

17. I'm kind of hesitant to even apply for a MMJ card in AZ, just because I have migraines and people seeing it as a "excuse" to smoke, even then I probably won't even qualify. Meanwhile, I'm getting prescribed a second set of antidepressants and a load of NSAIDS for my migraines which are causing side effects.

18. Try talking to your doctor about it. Or find a mmj friendly clinic and see what they think.

19. Just do it! :)

20. Coming October 2013: a re-hearing of additional qualifying conditions for depression, PTSD, and migraines.

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!