Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[UPDATED] Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Recommendation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I've been diagnosed with OCD, ADHD-I, and depression. I am currently going through therapy and have a file. I also have been prescribed medication. I have migraines but they're not diagnosed, I plan to have a doctor diagnose them in the near future. Would most mmj states consider mental illness as a qualifying condition?

2. From the DPH website:

For Immediate release - November 08, 2012
    DPH Statement on Medical Marijuana

“Under the ballot measure passed on November 6th, the Department of Public Health is responsible for regulating medical marijuana in Massachusetts. The Department will work closely with health care and public safety officials to develop smart and balanced policies and procedures over the coming months. We will work carefully, learn from other states' experiences, and put a system in place that is right for Massachusetts.”

3. Hey guys i was wodering if any lf you knew if i qualify.
    since i was 14 i was puking with constant abdomen pain i went to hospital for a week they didnt know what was wrong after i ate unless im high now im 19 i still have the same problem but now i have pain on both sides of my abdomen and in my lower back and my lower middle of my chest under the ribcage i had a blood test i just got a phone call something is wrong with my liver and im going in on monday for a liver biopsy

4. WildWill....I live in Texas and would most likey qualify...So my question is...Can I travel to Montana or Oregon and see a doctor there and be able to get my rec living in Texas?

Obviously it would be useless here in Texas but the road trip would be well worth it. The Mj here is crap and by the time I get it-its been handled and passed along by too many ppl.

Just really looking for some clarifacation thanks

5. Nope.

6. I live in the Bay Area, California and recently got my medical card. It was $60 for the recommendation, $20 for the actual ID. Getting the rec was really easy, talked to a doctor, explained my reason for wanting the rec. I'll just be honest, I got my card for recreational use. A year of quality and safe weed, as well as having a license for having weed on you (of course it's not legal on a federal level) for $80 is a good deal in my eyes.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me! I'm not an expert but if you need advice or are in the same position I could help ya out.

7. I have sciatica(severe back pain shooting down to my foot 24/7) i also have adhd, and i think im also depressed judging by my symptoms, not to mention i cant sleep at all during the summer.
    I have tried medication for both sciatica and adhd but none work without giving me horrible side effects like stronger depression in the adhd pills, and stomach pains with the back meds.
    I have been to the chiropractor about 6 times, and i tried physiotherapy.
    I use weed to medicate but not legally, would i qualify?

8. ADHD, OCD, depression, chronic back pain, and I don't live in a medicinal state.

9. Sometimes my idea of sarcasm is poorly placed; guess I deserve the deletion as spam. Frustrating reality is that I have epilepsy, hep-c, and a bit of history with depression but living in Alabama I might as well live on the moon; even though a bill is in consideration, it's almost sure to flounder.

10. Looking for a provider preferbly close to Whatcom County but willing to drive there. Im asking for just 6oz for my 15 plants because I currently have no job and cant grow because Im next to a park and Im not gonna even attempt because of I-502, but willing to help any other way I can. Please consider and pm if intrested will mail paperwork the next day or same if its earlier enough. Thank you and have a nice day.

11. do you have to be a US citizen or just get a green card and get an mmj card?

12. You'll need a state drivers license usually, so you don't have to be a citizen. Getting qualified is another question.

13. what if you cant drive? haha and for insomnia

14. How do you qualify to get medicinal? Do i just go talk to my doctor?

15. Hey, im 18 and i need to know if i qualify for a medical card, i have insomia, i have stress, anxiety, once in while i get a panic attack i havent had one in a while cuz ive been smoking usually, also i have lower back pain due to weightlifting a while back, i still feel pain in my back like a sharp pain it wont go away only if i smoke weed then it does , the only hing that helps all of that is weed, tht is the best thing that ever happend to me ,, u think i qulify, i live in cali

16. Hey, im 18 and i need to know if i qualify for a medical card, i have insomia, i have stress, anxiety, once in while i get a panic attack i havent had one in a while cuz ive been smoking usually, also i have lower back pain due to weightlifting a while back, i still feel pain in my back like a sharp pain it wont go away only if i smoke weed then it does , the only hing that helps all of that is weed, tht is the best thing that ever happend to me ,, u think i qulify, i live in cali

17. From my understanding, in California depression is a condition considered for a recommendation.

18. I've been having severe chronic lower back pain and spasms due to an automobile accident 12 years ago. I still have episodes till this day as a result. Im currently living in New Jersey. Will I qualify?...Someone please help me