Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[UPDATED] Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Recommendation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Jun 12, 2012.

1. I have tried to find what is a suitable group B illness (for Canada). So I was wondering if anyone can tell me... could I possibly be eligible for a MMJ card because I get debilitating migraines??? :confused::smoke:

2. I know I qualify for MMJ for: Multiple sclerosis and other disorders characterized by muscle spasticity. (I take shots in the back to relieve my pain and sometimes I take pain pills to relieve the spasms.)

I am waiting my medical paper work/documentation being sent to my new home. Ive relocated from Texas; and living in Denver, CO. Ive been here for only 3 weeks; and enjoying my new office job. I have couple of questions/comments.

I figured I need to read and fill out these forums:
    Colorado: Department of Public Health and Environment, Colorado Medical Marijuana Registry

I plan to start the application process sometime in the next few weeks (waiting on some pay checks and paying off bills since the re-location). I've already accepted that I can not have a firearm if I continue with this process. I am at peace with that.

Here are my questions:
    Can I get fired for using MMJ? I work for a huge Software Company here; and enjoying it and being clean yet I wish to try MMJ mainly indicas to get the CBDs to relieve my back pain.

Should I talk to a lawyer? If so; whom should I speak too?

Ive been reading reviews online via google and other sites. Where is a good place for myself to send my documentation and apply for a MMJ card?

If I fail a random drug test at this company for THC positive; again will they fire me? The HQ here is in Denver, CO.

Thanks for the additional information and help on this site. I hope to hear some good responses. :wave:

3. Can it cure cancer?

4. I have diagnosed Generalized Anxiety Disorder,Depressive disorder,insomnia,IBS,
    And Chronic (haha) heart pain.
    I do not live in a Medical state,I reside in Illinois,in will county.I believe in springfield medical cannabis is possible, although heavily restricted.i have considered moving to a medical state preferably california.Would it be difficult to get a reccomendation in my situation?

Just sick and tired of all these bullshit medications.

FUCK PAXIL.
    FUCK ADDERALL.
    FUCK PROZAC.
    FUCK ILLINOIS.

5. Does anyone here have a card for OCD, ADHD, anxiety or depression?

6. So my dad has been diagnosed with lung cancer. We live in CT and medical marijuana has become legal yesterday, October first. I'm reading that cannabis oil can possibly cure cancer. What happens if my dad's oncologist isn't on board or CT doesn't have cannabis oil. I'll do anything to get this oil to ensure he can beat cancer...can someone please help

7. #27 Speculant, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
    Nothing in North Dakota or Minnesota, whatever.

My friend lives in Minnesota and he has a very severe heart condition, where his heart is literally too big for his body. Some day he will need either major surgery or even a heart transplant (there's no way out of it). He smokes every day, and confessed that he does (in confidentiality, of course) to his doctor, and his doctor said that it is definitely helping prolong the day when he will need surgery. So even if MMJ isn't legal in Minnesota, it still helps some people with debilitating conditions.

8. [quote name='"Allegreenery"']So my dad has been diagnosed with lung cancer. We live in CT and medical marijuana has become legal yesterday, October first. I'm reading that cannabis oil can possibly cure cancer. What happens if my dad's oncologist isn't on board or CT doesn't have cannabis oil. I'll do anything to get this oil to ensure he can beat cancer...can someone please help[/quote]

You can try making the oil. Look it up, all you need is bud and a kitchen usually.

9. What does one have to do to obtain residency in Arizona? Ill be living there for school for 4 years starting this January.

10. Usually you have to have a medical condition that would allow you to receive a medical marijuana card:p

JK, just read the first page of the forum and if you have any of the illnesses, than you just contact you're nearest MJ clinic about the next steps.

11. Would it be possible for me to get a med card for depression?..

I've tried ssri's and maoi's that were prescribed for me but they just leave me feel "artificially happy"? I don't know how to put it.. And as soon as I come off of them, my mood sinks through the floor..

But when I have herb, it helps so so so much! Even if I don't have it I'm in a good mood anymore. Ever since Mary came into my life, 5 years ago, I haven't needed anti D's.

12. Depends on your state? But doesn't hurt to try! Try setting an appointment and bring records that show you're depressed and the types of relief you have tried.

13. [quote name='"Fritter"']

Usually you have to have a medical condition that would allow you to receive a medical marijuana card:p

JK, just read the first page of the forum and if you have any of the illnesses, than you just contact you're nearest MJ clinic about the next steps.[/quote]

But don't you have to be a legal resident of the state to get the card?

14. So what I'd I have severe nausea, back pain and knee pain in the state of Arizona. I know in phoenix they have MMJ recommendation doctors but I haven't heard anything about my town, Tucson.

15. North Carolina is going up for MMJ on February 12th I think. Click the link for more info.

http://www.nccpn.org/

Thanks for the thread Will, hopefully it will need an update soon. :smoke:

16. Sigh.... Will WV everrrrr try for medical? No....

17. i was approved for my card in Oregon due to my seizures, and on monday i have my appointment, it is $170 for the card and it will take a couple months before i receive it. My question is do they give you anything tempoary to use at the dispensaries until i get my card?Thank you soo much\

18. A few years ago (the last time I went to the doctors) my doctor told me that my spine was slightly curved, possibly scoliosis. It causes me to have extreme back pain when I stand for more than 10 min. My problem is my doctor didn't diagnose me with scoliosis. Do I need to get a checkup to get the diagnosis first before trying to get access to a recommendation or would I get diagnosed when I go to a doctor that will recommend me?

19. Hi I was wondering if I could qualify for a medical card. Here in Mass just waiting for the law to pass. Can anyone here help me out?

Thanks!

20. You really need to make sure you have medical documentation of your illnesses. If that means another diagnosis, guess what...

Without some more information, what kind of advice do you expect?