Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[UPDATED] Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Recommendation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Say this guy's fingers were cut open and his tendons and nerves were also cut and they had to be surgically repaired and the nerves are still having problems with feeling. Would that be able to qualify for this medicine?

2. I have a question. I have ADD and take adderal for it. But one of the side effects is sweating and it's embarrassing. So my question is would medical marijuana work for me and will it have that sweaty side effect that the adderal has. Thank you.

3. #283 420DJ, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
    Is there any state where I can use marijuana to treat autism, I find the effects extremely calming and can do things better. The fact is eh... smoking is not viewed very high in terms of legally or morally where I am. I don't really consider myself an abuser or a recreational user, more of medical user to be honest. I just smoke twice a week and I have a lot less anxiety.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maryland now has qualifying conditions, and you can now apply for a card (although no dispensaries are open yet). These are the requirements according to House Bill 811:
    • A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that results in a patient being admitted into hospice or receiving palliative care; or
    • A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment of a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that produces: cachexia, anorexia, wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures or persistent muscle spasms.

5. To bad I'm stuck in NC, but I have a few of these. Two years ago I slipped on ice and hurt my back, If I stand for a long time my back starts to pinch and hurt to the point I have to sit down or the pain becomes worse and it cramps. Also in the beginning stages of glaucoma. I have pigment dispersion syndrome, basically it could be ten years down the line but in my left eye I will have it someday. Not to mention social anxiety to the point sometimes I'll have to abandon my shopping cart full of food and just leave because I can't do it. I currently have a emotional support dog, Leo. He helps at home but you can't bring them everywhere unless you spring for a bunch of training and certifications. He's the big one. But pot is the only thing that's ever helped all my issues all at once. I take probably 7 pills for everything. But when I did smoke I didn't need most of it

Attached Files:

6. Yes, the does! It's all because the south is run by old men who got scared of pot during the smear campaigns and the south is a bunch of bible thumpers. I mean I'm religious, but God gave us a awesome natural medication that can be so versitile and helpful, yet somehow were all cool rotting our livers with alcohol, causing deadly accidents, and dead from over consumption. Not to mention blacking out and not really being in control. Pot doesn't make you do things you might regret the next day, except maybe eating a whole box of lucky charms.

7. Please update this for Pennsylvania. I believe it's officially legalized here for medical use.

8. MA as well, we got our mmj law passed a couple years ago, although we only just opened our first dispensary due to bureaucracy.

MA recreational is extremely likely to pass this fall, with growing / possession being effective Dec. 2016, and retail stores being allowed effective Jan 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hello, and thank you.
    Why isn't there a New York list?

10. Any condition involving pain is valid grounds for medical marijuana recommendation. Just be sure you use the doctor they have on site for medical marijuana evaluations. It's in their best interest to get patients their cards.

• Like Like x 1
  11. [/QUOTE]
    well what if youve just moved back to that state but youre from there ? ex: im from California but ive been in NC for the past few years. i wanted to get a cannabis card for my birthday (june 23rd) and i move back 10 days before that. will i be denied because i havent been living there ?

12. hell yeah i #Qualify. got LOWW energy vitamins aint fixt. sore back, headaches, depressed mood..just #TIRED!

13. #WastingSyndrome been n my room for more then half a year. a YEAR!! just WASTING away.

14. #Tennessee has some form of marijuana for "epileptics" --> Tennessee - MPP if u wana see wat their working on. liste at bottom.

15. I OVERqualify, yep.....just waiting on these backwards hillbillies to pull their Budweisers and bibles outta their asses long enough to get some proper legislation into effect....

16. thanks for sharing the post

17. I am working on getting a medical id and have pretty severe Irritable Bowl Disease. I also suffer from some pretty severe diverticulosis/diverticulitis and for the first time during my latest flare-up didn't take any pain killers just cannabis. Worked wonders! Its heart wrenching to go through life every day knowing this medicine is prohibited in most places still!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Most of these are for physical issues. Are you at all likely to get prescribed for mental problems in WA

19. Hi, I'm the OP. I don't work here anymore, so I can't (and am no longer responsible for) updating this listing.

20. Despite the fact that cannabis stays illicit on the government level in the Unified States, many states have sanctioned cannabis for substantial therapeutic purposes (and a few states have authorized cannabis both medicinally and recreation ally). With a specific end goal to meet all requirements for medicinal Maryjane, patients must have a therapeutic condition that is on their state's rundown of qualifying restorative weed conditions. With the suggestion of a nearby doctor, a qualified patient can get a therapeutic weed card so as to visit dispensaries and buy medicinal cannabis items particularly intended for patients. In states where recreational cannabis has been authorized, grown-up buyers needn't bother with a medicinal pot card, yet might not have admittance to a similar therapeutic cannabis items that are accessible for patients.