Update: What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Architect, Aug 8, 2014.

1. My plants are looking much better than the last time I posted on here. I'm going to upload pictures of them now with the specs. If anyone has any advice or sees anything which appears out of the ordinary please leave a comment below. Thank you!

Temperature: 83F Day | 77 Night
    Humidity: 52% Day | 42% Night
    pH: 6.7
    Soil: Fox Farm Organic Forest
    Watering: Filtered water every 5 days
    Day: 18hrs light, 6hrs dark
    Lights: Two CFL 2700 Lumens each
    If there's anything else I should include please let me know.
    \nAlmost 5 Week Old Guava Chem (Indica):
    IMG_2677.JPG IMG_2678.JPG IMG_2679.JPG
    Almost 5 Week Old Sour Diesel (Sativa):
    IMG_2674.JPG IMG_2675.JPG IMG_2676.JPG

2. #2 donewithweed, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Looks good so far! Not sure what's going on with the one sativa leaf lol, but I don't think it's of concern. Your plants look healthy.

You say your light are 2700 lumens each... but I assume you mean they are 2700K? Which is their most intense spectrum output (CFL lights dont JUST use one spectrum, it's just what the bulb puts out most). Anyway 2700K is the right spectrum for veg, do you know the actual wattage of the lights? How far are they away from the plants? Circulation?

Edit: 6500k for veg, 2700k for flowering.

Lights are about ten inches from the plants and this should give you all the information on them:

IMG_2680.JPG

Not sure what to write about circulation. I have a constant breeze going powered by three fans which together shake all of the leaves on both plants.

4. I need to correct myself in saying that 2700K is flowering, 6500K is veg. I will also correct that in my above post in case nobody reads farther.

Anyway fans blowing on the plants are good, just wanted to check. If you can add a little more light that would be good. You'll do fine with what you have, but as they grow and you eventually get to flowering you will want more light (for better penetration, denser buds, faster growth).

5. Yeah that's the bulb u want for flowering. I bought 2 of those. I honestly have to say IMO that 2 23w on a splitter are way better then those. First your getting 42 actual watts instead of 46 you could get plus your getting 2700 lumens as opposed to 3200. And my biggest reason is those big boys put off some heat. Plus if u get 1 daylight 23w bulb on 1 side of the y splitter and 1 soft white 23w bulb on the other it'll be putting off duel spectrum. :)

6. #6 MKIV Matt, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
    You don't need to be 10 inches from the plant with CFL's. You want to get them as close as possible.  I have a couple 125's I use for veg and I have them about 1 1/2" from the top of the plants.

Ninja Edit: I would also think about side lighting too because once the plants start the flower stretch your 2 CFL's won't be nearly enough light for the plants. 

Get some of these: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-660-Watt-Keyless-Twin-Socket-Lamp-Holder-Adapter-R52-00128-00W/100356967

Mated to a few of these: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-White-Outlet-to-Socket-Light-Plug-R52-00061-00W/100170446?MERCH=RV-_-RV_nav_plp_rr-3-_-NA-_-100170446-_-N

Add in an extension cord or 2 and you have a bunch more light that is easy to adjust up and down. :)

7. I would start training them. All of your solid buds will be within a few inches of the bulbs so keep your plants short and wide, any taller than 18"-24" is a waste of time and space.

All you have to do is bend the top over like this:
    [​IMG]

and that will make it start growing more branches like this:

[​IMG]

Short and wide will give you the best yield in your situation, just keep tying branches down once or twice a week.