UPDATE ON THE BORDER WALL...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro harley, Aug 29, 2020.

1. 1.1 million... And thats just the ones we know of.

How much you think the cartel charges per head? $1000? Damn thats good money. If the economy continues to tank I might just take up human trafficking.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. And that’s obviously with zero guarantees…

3. What you're saying makes sense. In reality it doesn't make sense.

You're trying to fit an ideologically square peg into a real hole. No chance the US changes it's current stance on immigration, aka change it's legal immigration system, as which politician is going to pop their head above the parapet to make that case, if there even is one? Things are humming along pretty smoothly for the powers-that-be as it is. In regards the economics, the amount of industries in the US that rely on low skilled labour that's often done by illegal immigrants is massive. Many sectors of US industry and society will fail without it. Strict border enforcement without a viable and easy legal entry system will cause too much economic issues. No money no honey I'm afraid.

What needs to be done is greater investment in Mexico (and other nations prone to immigration). Pool resources to help the neighbours, make it a more attractive society to live in and contribute to, and people will stay. It's nice to live in a neighbourhood where everyone is doing well, isn't it? But then we see how some Americans react to such solutions. It is funny to read posters in these forums bitch and moan about sending money, infrastructure, and aid to these nations, as if it were the government looting their grandmas coffin and giving the hoard to Haiti or something nonsense like that. All the while the solutions fly over their heads and the bitching and moaning fest continues.

The fact you're willing, relishing even, taking robots, drones, bullets and bombs to the border in order to deter fellow humans is sad. You're polishing the boots of badness and madness here.

Your point about "the only opinion that matters on US immigration and border security is an American's opinion" is only your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. As I've said countless times, I'ma keep dissecting US politics and society as I see fit, and you're welcome to engage or ignore as you wish. A bit of awareness would highlight to you that it's a bit rich to be airing such views on a European forum (now Canadian?). The fact of the matter is, all American's on these boards are technically infidels and have no rights as to start piping up about who can and can't comment on which topics.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Engage the post, not the poster.

The fact that you've decided to attack my intelligence, unprovoked, really says more about you than me. It highlights that this is an insecurity of yours.

Don't worry I wont spank you around over it. But I will spank you around for posting piss poor links.

I'm just here to discuss, navel gaze and have a bit of banter in regards the political and wider plights of ourselves individually and communally. Lightin' up and ease off the personal attacks.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well done, I would say that post is your greatest contribution to this community thus far. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

6. so, there it is. i understand now.

edit: legal immigration AT. that's all i and every clear thinking american want - legal immigration. dont try to make my comments about anything other than legal immigration. make sense?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Really? The penny dropped?? Hallelujah!

8. perhaps the mexican government, aka "cartels" should invest their money to lift their people up eh mate? of course if the standard of living were improved in mexico the central americans would simply immigrate to mexico and stop . it's pretty clear mexico cant handle what they currently have and they certainly dont want CA's taking roost there so why invest?

maybe we could take a cue from another nation whose immigration policy you admire. any examples you'd like to share with the world?

9. Yes and my question was - which politician is going to upset the cart to force through an easier legal immigration process? Things are just rosy on the bottom line as things stands, so advocating for easier legal immigration is essentially political career suicide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Every immigration program is bespoke. There's no one size fits all.

In regards the Mexican Cartels, the big ringer to me seems to be drug decriminalisation/legalisation. That would pull the rug out from a significant chunk of fund which are currently used to facilitate people trafficking, pay off politicians and just generally menace society.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. #751 jerry111165, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Edit: you arent worth it. Nvm.

j

12. #752 jerry111165, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    Ok - so if America giving money to these countries is the answer, which countries should get how much to provide a solution to over a million immigrant apprehensions at our southwest border this year so far?

Curious - does the UK do the same for these same issues?

edit: Over 1.7 Million apprehensions so far this year 10/22/21.

j

• Like Like x 2
  13. If the US just took Mexico, the Southern border would be much shorter, we could build a bigger more beautiful wall.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #754 jerry111165, Oct 23, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    Illegal Border Crossings, Driven by Pandemic and Natural Disasters, Soar to Record High

Migrants were encountered 1.7 million times in the last 12 months, the highest number of illegal crossings recorded since at least 1960.

A record 1.7 million migrants from around the world, many of them fleeing pandemic-ravaged countries, were encountered trying to enter the United States illegally in the last 12 months, capping a year of chaos at the southern border, which has emerged as one of the most formidable challenges for the Biden administration.

It was the highest number of illegal crossings recorded since at least 1960, when the government first began tracking such entries. The number was similarly high for the 2000 fiscal year, when border agents caught 1.6 million people, according to government data.

Illegal Border Crossings, Driven by Pandemic and Natural Disasters, Soar to Record High

And the President still hasn’t been there once yet.

Good job Brandon.

Edit: I’m still seeing that 60,000 are expected to attempt the crossing in “a matter of days “.

j

15. So Brandon is against fencing but is spending almost a half million $ of US taxpayer dollars for a new fence around his summer house in Delaware.

DHS pays over $455K to build ‘security fencing’ around Biden’s beach home

Build that wall!

The southern border with Mexico is seeing the highest levels of illegal border crossings in 35 years, but the Department of Homeland Security has found one access point it can shore up — doling out $455,000 to a Delaware construction company for a fence around President Biden’s “Summer White House.”

In September, the department awarded a contract of $456,548 to Turnstone Holdings LLC for “PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION OF SECURITY FENCING AT 32 FARVIEW, REHOBOTH DELAWARE,” according to USAspending.gov, an online database tracking federal government spending.

J

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. A61B0FD7-7EE4-4E4D-9F2E-88EDBEAEBA81.jpeg https://nypost.com/2021/10/24/central-american-migrants-push-past-mexican-border-city-en-route-to-us/

“Thousands of migrants mostly from Central America broke out of the Mexican southern border city of Tapachula and continued their march toward the US, more than 1,000 miles away.

Over 2,000 migrants pushed past a line of state authorities who were positioned to block their progress. Some minor scuffles left a small child injured.

The migrants — some of who were carrying American flags and signs with President Joe Biden’s name — walked to a nearby town to camp on a baseball field for the night“

• Like Like x 2
  17. The chanting at sporting events must be getting to him.

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. “Tell Biden we are coming”!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Biden replied, "Women and children first! No wait, I meant women-children first! You know, the little ones with the hair! C'mon man!"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1