Update on first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by eddiee2423, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Ok so I got all the soild planted my germinated lowryder diesel ryder . Put in another seed to germinate been 36 hours nothing yet .

The lowryder is in a party cup inside a small humidity dome, just watered, running 18/6 ,under 100 watt led , nothing popped up yet only been in for 12 hours.

thinking of making a grow journal , I have a hd 720p camera just wondering if gc secure

any suggestions on what I could do better

2. Post some pics. The LED fanclub is probably gonna hate me for this but I must be %100 honest with you when I say LED lighting alone will only produce mediocre plants at BEST. If you are trying to cust back on power or heat is an issue, I have seen some fairly decent bud produce under flourescent lighting. Even for seedlings you want to get some good lumens to the plant to prevent stretching and help the little gal develop a thick stem and big strong roots.

Keep us posted and best of luck,

-TGL-

3. I've seen some good looking plants under LEDs but only for vegging. They don't have the flower power that HIDs or CFLs do. That's just going off what I've seen and heard talking with LED growers. You can always use LEDs but add in some softwhite CFLs for flowering. Haven't seen that done and curious to see what would happen

4. Oh cuz, Im very much hoping they get to the intensity of HID. Just sayin' for now at least the best newbie advice I can give is go with flourescent of HID's. I'd love to seem some LED only plants in veg but all I can come up with is folks with a mix of LED and flouros. To me thats like putting bacon on a turkey burger, sure it taste alot better but what are you tasting, the bacon or the turkey?

That wasn't a weird analogy at all was it? :rolleyes:

5. Haha not at all. Made your point and made me hungry lol

I agree tho. I haven't seen a good flowering cycle under LEDs alone. They will get there one day I'm sure but right now, CFLs or HIDs are what I use. I use CFLs/T5s for vegging and HPS for flowering

6. im going to make a thread in the indoor grow section sub if interested