UPDATE on berry bomb, pineapple chunk, critical auto, and tijuana

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by axeldog13, Feb 4, 2014.

1. These are my girl scouts. All right around 1 week from sprout. The oldest (berry bomb) is 8 days. The pineapple is about 6 days, the other 2 are 4

Attached Files:

2. Berry bomb 8 days. Not sure why one leaf is twisting, but she looks healthy

Attached Files:

3. Pineapple chunk. 6 days old. She's going pretty fast.

Attached Files:

4. Critical automatic. 4 days old. Not really sure how well shell do with the normal sprouts, but we'll find out I guess. She seems healthy as well

Attached Files:

5. Last but not least, tijuana. My little nemo. Not sure why one leaf fell off, but she seems healthy as well. Starting to stand up a little more. Again, not sure why she is curved like that. Seems to be doing her some good though.

Attached Files:

6. Well I just typed out every Fuckin detail of my grow. And what do you know, it said internal error and erased it all! I'll retype later I guess :/

7. Grow room/tent:Built a small 3x3x5 tent out of pvc pipe. Covered the outside in thick 3m plastic. And used an emergency blanket on the inside. I have a 240 exhaust fan. It's a BEAST. It's on the upper left side. I had to cut 2 side by side 6" holes on the opposite side at the bottom. One was try enough since the tent is air tight it was like a vacuum. Anyway, the holes I cut for intake act as a fan. Puts a nice breeze on the girls. Lighting and temp:I started the first few days using cfl 6500k on an 18/6 timer. Slowly introducing a 250w metal halide. Now they don't really have a set lighting schedule as I don't have a timer with a ground plug. Basically it's 20/4 or 24 straight. tomorrow my 400w mh and hps system will arrive. Apollo horticulture from amazon. With the purple ballast and 6 inch duct. Comes with both bulbs. Im very excited. The temp usually stays around 75-80 in the light and 70 in the dark. I'm happy with that. Now my humidity I can't get to cone up. It's 20-25% Probably because it's in the single digits in KY where I'm at. But I've been spraying with a water bottle daily. Soil and nutes:I started out in a solo cup with miracle grow until my fox farm ocean Forrest arrives in a few days. I'll be transplanting into 5 gallon pots soon hopefully. I gave the girls all a very diluted meal of fox farm big bloom to see how they do. They did very well. I think 3 tsp in a gallon. The soil has been drying out very fast. I assume from the low humidity and heat from the lamp. But that's OK it means good drainage I guess. I think that's about it. Please feel free to leave feedback

8. Looking good man glad to see you've done some research.

As far as transplanting goes...do not do it until they absolutely need it! Keep them babies controlled and bushy.

Also try adding a bucket with some water into the space this should raise the humidity. If this DOESN'T work for you, then you need to do a better job of making your space air tight so the bucket trick will work -OR- you need to build an additional room adjacent where you can set your desired room temperature and humidity levels with water. This would also have to be air tight other than your hole/fan for air to come in. You can temperature control that area and add as many buckets of water necessary to raise the humidity and draw that air into your veg/flower room with your regular exhaust blowing wherever it is like it is now.

9. You could also throw in a humidifier into the space if wanted.

Just remember that when you go to flower these girls and when they are supposed to be on their 12 hour dark cycle, any light leaking into the room no matter if it's a pin hole size leak, will probably stress your plants out and could even cause seeds to develop.

We had a large room with twelve 1,000 watt lights going where I lived a couple of years ago. In one corner where we took out the window to add our sheet metal with our exhaust and intake holes there were a couple of pin sized holes in some of the corners. We couldn't figure it out but we always had 2-3 plants with seeds in it while the other numerous ones had maybe 1-2 the entire plant. We ended up realizing it was always the plants coming from this one corner of the room so we checked it one time during darkness and sure as shit we could see small amount of light coming in. We fixed it and never had problems again.

I've also heard stories of some guys just covering their windows with sheets or whatever not doing dick to try to make it light proof and having no problem with seeds from the light. Maybe he was on a different cycle and only had dark time when it was moon light which might of actually been good for his plants lol

Sorry I am sleep deprived tonight and really stoned I think I've been rambling all night on here

10. [quote name="axeldog13" post="19462739" timestamp="1391501329"]Critical automatic. 4 days old. Not really sure how well shell do with the normal sprouts, but we'll find out I guess. She seems healthy as well[/quote]Same as mine same time same strain, ill have a read later mate. Subbed Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum

11. [quote name="TSoaDK" post="19463006" timestamp="1391511248"]You could also throw in a humidifier into the space if wanted.Just remember that when you go to flower these girls and when they are supposed to be on their 12 hour dark cycle, any light leaking into the room no matter if it's a pin hole size leak, will probably stress your plants out and could even cause seeds to develop.We had a large room with twelve 1,000 watt lights going where I lived a couple of years ago. In one corner where we took out the window to add our sheet metal with our exhaust and intake holes there were a couple of pin sized holes in some of the corners. We couldn't figure it out but we always had 2-3 plants with seeds in it while the other numerous ones had maybe 1-2 the entire plant. We ended up realizing it was always the plants coming from this one corner of the room so we checked it one time during darkness and sure as shit we could see small amount of light coming in. We fixed it and never had problems again.I've also heard stories of some guys just covering their windows with sheets or whatever not doing dick to try to make it light proof and having no problem with seeds from the light. Maybe he was on a different cycle and only had dark time when it was moon light which might of actually been good for his plants lolSorry I am sleep deprived tonight and really stoned I think I've been rambling all night on here[/quote]

12. [quote name="MutherFuckerJones" post="19463016" timestamp="1391511882"]Same as mine same time same strain, ill have a read later mate. Subbed Sent from my spaceship using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Sounds good. The auto was one of the free ones from tssc as was the tijuana. I had silverback as well but it didn't make it. 4/5. Not bad I'll take it

13. [quote name="TSoaDK" post="19463006" timestamp="1391511248"]You could also throw in a humidifier into the space if wanted.Just remember that when you go to flower these girls and when they are supposed to be on their 12 hour dark cycle, any light leaking into the room no matter if it's a pin hole size leak, will probably stress your plants out and could even cause seeds to develop.We had a large room with twelve 1,000 watt lights going where I lived a couple of years ago. In one corner where we took out the window to add our sheet metal with our exhaust and intake holes there were a couple of pin sized holes in some of the corners. We couldn't figure it out but we always had 2-3 plants with seeds in it while the other numerous ones had maybe 1-2 the entire plant. We ended up realizing it was always the plants coming from this one corner of the room so we checked it one time during darkness and sure as shit we could see small amount of light coming in. We fixed it and never had problems again.I've also heard stories of some guys just covering their windows with sheets or whatever not doing dick to try to make it light proof and having no problem with seeds from the light. Maybe he was on a different cycle and only had dark time when it was moon light which might of actually been good for his plants lolSorry I am sleep deprived tonight and really stoned I think I've been rambling all night on here[/quote]Well I've tried the pot of water in there. Even bought a high wattage aquarium heater and put it in the pot. I used to breed pythons and that's how I did in the incubators. But the water was too warm already for the heater to kick on. It's completely air and light proof. Other than exhaust and intake. But the room is a dark room. I don't mind a few seeds by no means, but I don't need any peckers on my flowers lol. I even tried wet towels. I just do t have room for a humidifier but I may not have a choice.

14. I got my 400w mh/hps set up today. It's very nice. Very big too lol I wish I would've waited to install the exhaust but I needed it for my 250w. I had a hard time getting it set right for the cool tube but I got it for now I giess. It's about 4 ft from my week old seedling. I hope they do t start stretching. We shall see. Thoughts?

15. #15 snoopdog6502, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014

4 feet is far but you can creep down on it over the next day or two then the good part is having to raise it up. :)

2 feet is more like it then get even closer. I run a 1,000w about 1 foot from the tops with no fan.

16. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19467985" timestamp="1391578796"]4 feet is far but you can creep down on it over the next day or two then the good part is having to raise it up. :)2 feet is more like it then get even closer. I run a 1,000w about 1 foot from the tops with no fan.[/quote]Well the temp got to 85 in the first 5 minutes when it was 2 feet. It's a small grow area. But I can always just find so e thing to sit them on. I didn't want to just throw the 400 on them when they're used to the 250. Thanks for the advice. I figured it was a little far. I can always just move the exhaust Down a little hell it's just a plastic tent I can cover the holes easily.

17. The new lights are amazing! Still working on the humidity. And my fox farm ocean forest is taking forever to get here

18. Looking nice so far. Subb'd

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #19 AZspecial, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Can't wait to see what the Tijuana seed looks like. I got a couple that were free, aren't they a mostly sativa plant. My mother in law uses ocean forest. Really good stuff. I only have her add bone/blood meal with bat guano tea once during flower and she does pretty good. Here is her latest with ocean forest.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. I don't know much about the tijuana. It was a free one. I know indoor height is like 6 ft. And flowering period is way off from the others. So we'll see lol. It was a free one also