Update..Is it over?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HollowFerg, Jun 16, 2019.

1. As I explained in my last post now this is it over for her?

I’ve got 2 more seeds germinatin rn today’s the 2nd day

Attached Files:

2. I wouldn't waste my time on that plant. I hope you identified your problem(s) and made adjustments so it doesn't happen again.
    Good luck.

3. Yea I kind of figured that, i was reading around it was something called root rot I think this was the case it said something about if it itsnt able to get oxygen through the soil this happens and literally ROOT ROT IS THE ONLY THING THAT INCLUDES ALL THE SYMPTOMS MINE WAS FACING So I think it’s the soil I use burpee organic and natural but that’s it is there anything I can add to give the soil more oxygen room so this doesn’t happen again?

4. Add some perlite to the mix to help drain/aerate, and dont over water especially when there seedlings and dont have a developed root system to uptake all the water yet.

5. Thanks man will do

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yea man overwatering + lack of drainage = root rot and plant death.

7. Use at least 20%-30% perlite. some people grow in just perlite. Coco coir is forgiving if you can ph

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for that man really needed to know the percentage I need to use...I was also wondering could you use rice as a substitute for perlite?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I would say no

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Perlites about 6-8 bucks. Think its about the cheepist. There are air stones or green rocks i think. Idk never seen them. Smart pots are nice, they keep roots cool and helps them breath

11. I got some perlite and started a new seed from germination I did 40%perlite 60%soil mixed and just planted it today

• Like Like x 2
  12. All i got growing on is this gg4 and a random bag seed growing. 20190622_231957.jpg

13. That thing looks healthy as shit how old is it? and the new one I planted is 4 days today it’s starting off way better then the first this time the first true leaves came in right away and new set is already coming through the middle this first one took forever

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Was like a week older than yours so your should be about that big now i think. Heres my update. Even a pic of the fim and how crazy the new growth is. Only using a 9w grow bulb. Sorry for the purples 20190628_011813.jpg 20190628_014445.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mines is 9days old today it’s turning out and I must say I like the way it’s coming along the perlite was exactly what I needed so thanks for that key pointer bro wish I had more seeds but unfortunately I just get whatever I come by

Attached Files: