Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Upcoming Background Check For New Hire Job

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ba170, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Hey guys, just wondering here. I recently accepted an entry level position at Cognizant Solutions (not sure if anyone has any experience with them), and as part of the conditions for acceptance, it said a background check was going to be performed. There was no explicit mention of a drug test, but I was wondering if someone might be able to say whether or not a drug test would be included as part of a background check. If anyone has worked for Cognizant before, any info on their policy with that sort of thing, or when a test could be expected, would be much appreciated as well. Thanks!

2. Most places will let you know if a drug screening is part of the background check, but honestly - just stop toking until you get the job. It's not worth it. My heart skipped a beat when I was told I'd be screened after I passed an interview recently. It was very unexpected for the industry I'm in. So I'd just stop for a while if I were you.

3. checked into them..for a corp like that...you stop smoking pot, and enjoying personal freedoms they do not agree with...

Your freedom and having your own life is the cost of that meager paycheck they offer....you are their tool to increase their profits and that is all. :bongin:

if that is what some want in life, let them have it. :confused_2:

4. It's a waiting game. I've had 2 jobs that said they tested while going through the hiring process, then never ended up testing. They both only tested if you were fucked up at work or did something extremely stupid

5. For IT people...if you are certified by a few of the top 'corps' (A+, mcse, hp, etc, etc...) you may want to look into going independent..you can contract with corps, even that corp, as a consultant. Same work, more pay, but you have to pay more taxes (self employment thing, check the tax laws). independence from corp draconian rules is nice...may not make as much take home money but nobody is trying to get a hand up your ass to treat ya like a puppet.

6. A background check is not a drug test, but it doesn't mean that you won't get one. Like the other guy said, just quit and guarantee yourself that job you want. Then when you get it, you can smoke and your tolerance will be very low and you'll get a better quality high. That's my two cents.

7. Interesting thoughts guys. I had been thinking for a while that I could always try the sub method if a test came up out of nowhere, but I'm not sure how reliable of a plan that is. Basically just trying to figure out what sort of timing to look at with everything.

8. What kind of drug test did it end up being and how close to your start date was the test?