*Unusual grow room*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kdiesel, May 12, 2011.

1. Looks like OP is looking to grow more than 2 plants tho :rolleyes:

2. Very nice!!...I'm using a similar system but I made all 4 of my tubs....check my 1st grow thread and see the amazingly fun madness ur getting into!!....lol

3. If height is a issue why dont you scrog you can keep even sativas low.

Also go with a hid over cfl's just compare the lumens of a 250w hid to 250w of cfl's and they use the same amount of power.

4. My brother used a spare bedroom/bathroom for his set-up. He used the shower stall, had a ballast set-up on the side which ran the lights. A cool feature in his was he took a cardboard box and hung it a few feet over the plants, got some dryer hose and sealed it to a hole in the top of the box and put that right up to the ceiling fan in the bathroom, worked decently well for keeping the stank outta the rest of his house, and it wasn't major but he had about 8 plants total. Should work fine, post pictures when you have it up and running!

5. the dryer hose/cardboard box is a good idea man, but i think i might need some kind of filter to keep down the smell...thanks tho

6. yea, he was living in sarasota florida at the end of a culdesac where he and his neighbor grew. i head that you can get some "active carbon" at a sporting goods store in the fishing section... and that will work if you put it into mesh pencil holders, and wrap it with womens nylon

7. if he lives in a dwelling that is up to current electrical code the ventilation issues in a bathroom shouldnt be an issue. most bathrooms have some sort of exhaust fans in them anyways to deal with smelly shit. and if he has central heat and air then he can maintain the room temperature almost to a +/- 1 degree. go with a mh/hps switchable ballast, get a pedestal fan that oscilates and you should do fine.

8. that sounds interesting ima check into it...good lookin out

now the lights ive been seeing with a switchable ballast (that i can afford) are only like 400w...wouldnt i need 1k?

9. you got a pic of your brothers grow room? it would help to see how he hooked up the fans in the shower

10. You can find a 1000w switchable ballast and light set up for 350 thru hydrofarm....but 400w is fine for the space u are using

11. can you post your threads link?

you think 400 will be able to take care of the six main plants and the six clones i plan on making?

12. depending on the square footage you have available a 400w would be sufficent for a few plants, if you're planning on going semi commercial then you'll need a larger light, another suggestion would be set up a smaller veg room and use the shower for flowering.

13. yeah the more research i do, im slowly coming to the fact that im gonna need a grow tent for veg

14. Dude another guy on here uses that avatar...LOL.

I would get as much light as you can. You don't have to worry much about smell in the basement and it sounds like if this is a shower you have some vertical room to let them grow.

Get a 1000 watt HID and grow like six plants in 5 gallon containers. If you veg them for 6 - 8 weeks and then flower in that shower, you'll get some killer bud. Stay away from flourescent. Only works for vegging.

15. Water cooled lights.... Flipping Awesome!

Herban Legends forever!

16. what i use as a veg box is a small bathroom vanity (the same vanity is like $60-70 at hd/lowes). only gives me enough room to keep 1-2 mothers vegged. another question you going to grow from seed or clone?

17. #37 Cogni, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    What sucks is that I post and use internet on my phone and it won't let me add a link..but if you go to my profile and click "users started post"...or something along those lines it will be under 1st grow...any input is appreciated...

For the space ur using a 400 is good enough....some will tell you to go 1000 for bigger cola action...but with that space during flower u can rig a lil dry ice co2 action box or something and you can achive the equal with a 400w and reflective covering surrounding the glass/frame....(saying that the shower is just a shower which is only a corner standing type and not the shower/tub combo which is longer and not as compact)

18. havent seen the other dude with this avatar yet..lol...its one of everyone's fav movies i guess:smoke:

if i can get the 1k for the price ppl are saying imma get it but if not, imma get the 400 and be happy...its not like im tryna get a commercial crop outta it...tired of payin for subpar shit when i can grow my own buds ya dig?:bongin:

19. My thoughts exactly!!...check my grow out to see what I mean...lol