unsure when to harvest my sick plant.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Deleted member 194034, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Okay so I have an Acapulco gold from barneys farm plant. its been sick since the beginning of flower about 2 months ago. i tried everything and the leafs continued to yellow and fall off. So today i trimmed a tiny leaf at the top of the bud covered in trichomes and put it under a microscope and it had about 50 percent dark amber and 50% cloudy/yellow  trichomes but the pistils haven't reseeded yet. theirs not a green leaf on the plants except for a few on the buds. So I'm worried if i wait till' the pistils reseed the bud might rot or something since the plant is near to the end of its life. I'm pretty sure the plant isnt diseased it just doesnt like its set up i guess, and the bud is covered in trichomes but the plant hasnt produced much flowers because of the fact that its sick. anyways what should i do?

2. im no expert, but it sounds as if the rest of the plant is gone. time to chop. if there is no new growth, buds have stopped swelling, and youre getting those colors in your trichs it sounds like youve go a good recipe for choppppinnnn. mho only. would like to see what this sick plant looks like btw if you have a pic or two. im almost at harvest myslf and am lookin for that window so ive been diggin for a week or two...sounds like you already know what time it is bruv

3. Your a little late but thats okay. I have a pic in another thread I made in the beginning of its sickness, you can look it up if u want. Anyways supprissingly the bud I got off it was the Best bud I have ever smoked no lie :smoke:  So what are you growin?

4. I'm growing a couple of feminized nirvana blackjack. im about seven weeks into flower (i think haha). they are looking pretty good. i burned the shit outa them at the beginning of the flower cycle..just wasnt paying attn rookie bs but maan oh man theyre lookin frosty :) ill pic n a sec

5. YusssssSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

6. :smoking: Good work man, those buds look beautiful

7. thank you, sir :). i was wondering, do you know or have much of an opinion on the subject of hanging the whole plant when drying as opposed to hacking it up? i have been in a couple lengthy discussions with some buddys of mine on this subject and am looking to gain some more insight on the matter. 

8. I usually will trim only the fan leaves of the whole plant then hang the whole thing till it starts to feel like it getting substantially dryer then I give the plant a close leaf trimming to get the buds nice and clean then I cut the buds into smaller nugs  and put them in a paper bag with newspaper for a few more days till drying is complete. Although I haven't tried it any other way its just my traditional method and work great for me :smoke: