Unsure about nutrients

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frank420, Sep 12, 2009.

1. So I've got a B.S. windowsill grow going, just one plant. And she's been flowering for probably 4ish weeks now. I've continued feeding it as I was durring veg, and I'm using a 24-8-16 solution. Should I switch to a different n-p-k? I've heard that to much nitrogen durring flowering can hinder growth. Idk, it's my first grow and don't have to much invested in it. There's no buds yet just crystals and all the white hairs are starting to turn brownish red, I feel like I have a while to go before any buds start showing up.

2. If you've got white hairs and crystals, then you've got buds, dude. Hairs come out of the 'buds,' or calyx, and the crystals cover the surface area of those buds. At 4 weeks, you definitely have buds. Visit the journals here and you'll see what I'm talkin about. You're buds may not be swelled up yet, but they will. Give them time.

The nutes you've got now are perfect for Veg. Get something different for Flower, something like 8-24-16 or whatever. Most brands have specific nutes for flower and one for veg. Just check out the package...ya need Less N-More P-More K in flower than in veg.

3. Cool thanks. +rep

4. Thanks dude. Good luck with the rest of your grow. It's a phenomenal experience, as addicting as it is enjoyable. Just remember that your plant will only satisfy you in the end as well as you satisfy her during her lifecycle :) . Have fun.