Unsure About friends

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 646086, May 25, 2013.

1. That's how my friends really feel about me aswell.  People that don't conform to there comfort zone ideals are "stupid" or "assholes" because they aren't cookie cutter people.

Speaking straight outta my shoes I gotta say fuck em',  Far more trouble than they've ever been worth and if they really are your friends that won't judge your opinions harshly.

I need a change of space and I'm personally going to be walking from cali to the east coast over this summer to stay with some real folks. A change of scenery could go along way.

2. #22 Deleted member 646086, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
    I think it is a matter of respect, nothing else. So fuck em, I'm not being a social pet that everyone can look down on and try to push around.

edit: it's a shame because I enjoy smoking with my best friend and all when we are by ourselves, and I think he has many good qualities but i can't take his shit anymore.

3. everyone uses everyone else for their own personal reasons...for free weed, for rides, someone to chill with, to be part of a group, to help  people, give advice, whatever....

dont give them to much. give them what they give you.

They sound really insecure, I'd move on. I've been in your situation and often times those people have nothing better to do, so they'll most likely try crawling back to you after you've moved on in life. Get around some people who appreciate you for who you are. Stay strong man. :smoke:  

5. u just explained me.....

6. #26 LordOfTheNugs, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2013
    In that situation I wouldn't have put up with it, at some point you gotta start paying THEM out. Everytime they insult you with just comeback with something better. Be cruel if you have to, pointing out their insecurities and flaws. 

Because they don't know shit about weed I would say that they are the stupid ones.

If you don't think you can do any comebacks then just start ignoring them. Find new friends, or find something better to do. Don't get angry at them, don't make a scene. Just leave and don't look back, find better people to spend your time with and be the bigger man. The bigger man has integrity and standards of behaviour that apply to yourself and to the people you deign good enough to spend your time with. I they don't meet up to your standards then they can fuck off.

Your the one who decides whats best for yourself and who gets the privilege to be a part of your life, don't accept second rate behaviour. 

You may feel like you need to keep these friends, YOU DON'T NEED ANYONE. Since your the group punching bag they're obviously using you for something otherwise they wouldn't hang out with you

7. I can definitely sypmathize with ya dude.

When I stopped smoking weed due to psychological issues, I had a big issue with someone I considered a close friend. It ended in a fight, and it didn't end too well for him. He was basically talking shit and saying I was too puss to smoke weed, not something any kind of friend would say in a serious manner. 

You need to be careful who you consider your friends, you can get burnt in the end. Just be happy you didn't find out they were shitty friends 10 years later. 

8. #28 2313, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
    I'd probably fight them if I were you. Just make sure your gonna win before you start picking fights

9. Well I mean some of what they are saying comes from concern for you. The messing with you should be motivation to improve and show them that is not who you are, and that you are capable. But yea they do sound like annoying assholes from your description of how they treat you. Just improve yourself, as you do you will find that you wont even desire to hang out with people like that, and will stop doing so and find decent people. 

10. Ya one thing they would always chirp me for was being almost broke and not being able to go out and afford binge drinking with them every week or so, because I spend most $ on ganj and rent/gas. I enjoy smoking alone a lot more though, and don't believe i'll miss out on much.

11. #31 aPersonUponaHill, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    Binge drinking is disgusting and came get you into some bad situations. If they are like that I wouldnt even hang around. Hanging out playing poker and someone or a few people get really drunk, okay. But going out to drink excessive amounts is just stupid, might as well leave all your shit at home and bring a babysitter. I thought the idea of going to a bar was to meet women and get some liquid courage, but fuck do I know. 

On a related note: I was in Chicago during memorial day weekend, me and my gf walked into one place, and of course just about every place has a bar. But this first place we walked into smelled disgusting like alcohol, and I didnt even get why, must have been binge drinking in there and all kinds of nasty shit. I just walked around the place into another room with tables and chairs, where no one greeted or seated us the entire time, and we left. This was about 11am or 12pm

12. Same thing happened to me in high school. Always the butt of jokes just because i was a  nice, calm, reserved guy who hated confrontation. Fuck 'em they aren't really friends they're just assholes you know.