Unsupervised Probation and Drug Testing?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by mariechristine, Jul 11, 2017.

1. This is my first post so if I've put this in the wrong section or anything please let me know!

Anyways, I just recently (3 days ago) was placed on 1 year of unsupervised probation for a first-time drug offense. I was told to mail-in report because I live in a different county than where the crime and my probation officer is located. I was given slips to mail in but DID NOT meet with my PO that day & the woman who did my intake said I would never have to physically come to the probation office.

1. Is it likely that I will end up having a meeting with my PO soon or not at all since the intake woman said I would never have to physically come down to the office?
    2. If I do not have to meet my PO, is it likely they will make a home visit? How often do they usually make home visits?
    3. My terms of probation are that I am subjected to random drug tests.. would these be administered at my home (since it is unsupervised) or at the office? Also, how likely is it to get a random UA? (I'm thinking I have to get tested at least once, I mean I did have a drug crime and all)
    4. I was a heavy smoker before I was placed on it so will it be considered a violation if I fail my first drug test?

This is my first time on probation so I have NO idea what to expect. Any answers would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

2. You won't be tested. I've been on unsupervised probation for the last 4 years, constantly catching a new charge RIGHT BEFORE completion. Never been piss tested. Never been bothered.