Unsuccessful germination (PT method), please help!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the_tobzster, May 15, 2020.

1. Hi guys,

So I haven't grown anything for a number of years but this year I decided to return once more. As usual I bought 3x Northern Lights Auto Feminised seeds (Vision Seeds) which I normally have amazing success with, even here in the UK outdoors.

This year, like previous years, I bought 3x NL Auto seeds. I germinated them the same way I always used to using the paper towel method in a Tupperware container with 2x PT on the bottom and just 1 on top, sufficiently soaked and moisture contained. I put two of the seeds in one Tupperware, wrapped it in a t-shirt and popped it in my cupboard like I usually do. I check/air them everyday and nothing has happened. It has now been 5 days and nothing sprouted. Since then I also tried germinating the 3rd using the same method but popping it in my airing cupboard which is slightly warmer, but yet still nothing happened.

What I wanted to know is do you think these seeds are just 'dud' or am I missing something? I'm doing nothing different that I'm aware of as I normally do each year.

As a result I'm reluctant to spend any more money on seeds if they just won't do anything. One last question, can you successfully germinate/grow them just planting them directly into the soil (without external germination) and what is the likely success rate/any drawbacks of this method??

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated as I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating this is to waste money and time. I really appreciate all who bother to read this and help out, many thanks!

2. That sucks. I’m no expert, but I did have 100% success on 10 seeds from 2 different sources. I used distilled water in a Ball glass. Just let the seeds sit in the water for a few days. In about 48 hours there were small tap roots sticking out. I then placed in wet paper towel for another day, to get the tap root out further. Then I planted them. If the seeds sink immediately, that’s probably not a good sign. Mine floated until the tap root cracked out. Then they sank. Good luck.

3. ive just started to seeds /now seedlings off ,,i just soaked the seeds over night ,,then in morning just put them in to potting compost mixed with perlite and put them in heated propagator ,, two days after they were showing their seed case above the potting mix ,,,mac,

4. I had great success germinating with paper towels.
    I take 1 pt fold it three times, wet it, squeeze some, but not all moisture out, and about 24-48 hours later a taproot about 1/2 in or more usually pops out. Bag seed or breeder seed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. This is my method also. Good results!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. #6 old shol4evr, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    delete