Unregulated Neurotoxin in Japan

Discussion in 'General' started by tharedhead, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Japan has legal unregulated neurotoxin, but not weed:(. Since this fish is a food, its not discussion of other drugs...er, is it?:confused::eek:

Japan to deregulate sale of lethal blowfish - Asia-Pacific - Al Jazeera English

Tetrodotoxin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pufferfish Poisoning Symptoms - eMedicineHealth.com

Has anyone on GC ever eaten this stuff? If so, why and what happened?

There is even a war on pufferfish
    Cyprus declares war on pufferfish - Cyprus Mail

2. I dont think it will be considered a ban thread. It's not a drug you want to ingest lol but that's crazy they are going to deregulate. I wouldn't trust someone else preparing my poisonous blowfish

3. I agree. I wouldn't want a surgeon that was unlicensed just because there was a shortage in surgeons! If I were in a situation with someone that was potentially life threatening, I would want them to know what they are doing.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVrTepl2hvs]Poison Poison Tasty Fish - YouTube[/ame]

5. #5 Chrismittty, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    [​IMG]

Doesn't even look tasty.... :confused_2:

Fuck dieing over sushi, ANY.

Butttt these Lil guys kinda doo..look...a lil tasty :yay: different puffer fish though I'm sure..

[​IMG]

6. Ugh, gross! :p I'm such a picky eater. I can't stand eating anything that seems "foreign" to me. That definitely falls under the "foreign" category! I just can't stand fish.

7. There is some very delicious sushi. I absolutely love it

8. saw something about this on taboo yesterday (national geographic)

apparently its a popular meal in japan but only a few grams of the poison can easily kill you.

9. I've only ever had sushi as a small child. Perhaps it's time for me to look back into seafood... everyone in my family loves it. I like shrimp, but I'm too picky to try any other seafood simply because I don't like the smell/look. I'll consider giving it a shot, though. :rolleyes: