Unpopular opinions.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by .AcidTrip., Dec 18, 2012.

Not sure if i agree on the 90s thing but current cars really dont do it for me. With all the government regulations that have an effect on the styling of cars they are all starting to look kinda similar, and pretty lame, not to mention tall and bloated. There really is no such thing as a small car now a days, in my mr2 at stock height i cant see shit over/around a corolla let alone an suv

2. Rotary engines suck.

3. All bathrooms should be gender-neutral.

4. #104 †TheGrow†, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    This is in the car section LOL.

5. I think most American made cars are junk - even the ones many think are cool. Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros - all boring as fuck. If I was had a bunch of cash to blow on a sports car I'd get an Acura NSX or Maserati or a Porsche. 

Oh, and black rims are ugly as sin - can't wait for this fad to die out  :smoking:

6. #106 Greenunit, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    Oops. And I'm not even high... :laughing:

Wow, I didn't even know the Pandora's Box unpopular opinions had been closed :(

7. Haha it's okay, it gave me a good laugh. I come to the car section and see something written about bathrooms LOL, thanks for the laugh :)

8. I hate paddle shifters. Truly and honestly hate them. I mean, yeah the technology is impressive, but it's not a manual to me anymore. You got a computer doing the work for you. But other than that, I don't really hate on many cars, if someone bought it, they obviously like it and thats good for them lol

i think this should be under "popular opinions" haha

10. raising the minimum wage and establishing universal healthcare is stupid

11. #111 invinciblejets, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    Yeah they do suck...but so does a 180hp 6liter American v8.

What about them in your eyes makes them suck? I'd really like to know.
    And try with out comparing it to a piston engine.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

12. blasphemy

burn the witch

13. #113 †TheGrow†, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Without comparing it to a Piston engine(which the piston engine wins in every way...) For the size rotaries produce shitty MPG, they honestly gernade themselves pretty early one(most wont make it to 100k let alone 300k miles) and those god damn apex seals are annoying... I don't want to bring the renesis engine into this because that engine alone makes rotaries look bad...
    180hp 6 liter v8? What are you talking about? This isn't the 80's LOL
    Besides that I am mostly an import fan but I do love me some Mopar... 
    I just don't find rotaries impressive in any aspect. I know others love it, but in my opinion they suck... 
    Like take this for example, this Civic is a 2.0 liter engine, FWD, still a 5 speed, full dash,door panels, no lexan or one piece front end, so in states with minimal smog laws this would be a street car...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG_2cKU5R8A
    To me that is impressive. Getting a FWD, 2.0 liter, and hitting 200mph... It takes full blown drag cars to generally hit those speeds... Now if only FWD could hook then the ET would be better, but that's where the 6 second drag civics come in haha.

14. This is the car section LOL

Sorry I just don't like rotary xD

15. Thats what makes my opinion extra unpopular for this thread

Lol jk my phone doesnt tell me about sections.... just the title of the thread

16. #116 invinciblejets, Sep 15, 2014
    Well that's just like..your opinion..mann
    I love how the go to thing for rotary haters is always apex seals lol that shows you don't know much about them.
    very rarely do apex seals ever blow under normal conditions...usually it's water seals or oil control rings.
    Do some research on rotarys racing pedigree it's interesting and worth knowing if your going to have such a strong opinion on them.
    a fwd car going in a straight line with a powerful engine is well....not to impressive to me any car is capable of anything with money..
    Cars are machines so they don't impress me.
    I'm only impressed by drivers and someone slamming on the gas in a straight line does not impress me.

17. Oh and hating rotarys is not an "unpopular opinion"
    As far as the American General public is concerned rotarys do suck so it's not that unpopular lol

18. #118 †TheGrow†, Sep 15, 2014
    That's your opinion. Please try to shift, let alone drive straight in a 1300+ horsepower car haha. But you have your opinion and I accept it.
    Apex seals blow like no tomorrow. They wear down, and there goes compression. I know rotaries just highly dislike them...
    Also of course it's an opinion... We are in the unpopular opinion page... It also seems pretty unpopular, 2 people already jumped on me for it. But in my opinion, I rather have a piston engine in any type of racing from drag to auto X.  I also work on anything from 1 cylinder engines, Nitro rc engines, 4 bangers, V8's, to rotary... I have a passion for engines, but I also have my opinions on them too.

Some of my work...
    http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/TheCoolKids420/library/Car%20stuff?sort=3&page=1

19. japanese cars in general don't really do it for me.

20. Miatas are not sports cars. And VWs are ugly as shit, so are volvos. Also mercedes are way overpriced.