Unpopular Food Opinions

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Cereal Killer, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Most of us have at least one food that we like that most people seem to hate, or vice versa. What's the food you dig that people give you 'the look' for eating, or call you crazy for not loving?

I'm not very picky, so I've grown to like a few foods that most don't seem too fond of. Sauerkraut, sardines, cottage cheese, and organ meat being among them. 

On the other hand, I'm not big on tomatoes, at least by themselves. And giant pretzels fucking suck, I don't know why people like them so much.

I'm stoned and munchin', let's talk food! :smoke:

2. I get really high and think of the things that would taste mouthwatering at this very moment. I remember in calculus i was thinking about a nice juicy steak and i got ao hungry i left class to go to longhorn. Lol longhorns a steakhouse btw

3. #3 Kushmonsterr, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    I for one HATE cilantro. I will eat nearly anything but cilantro. (I also hate natto, but so does most of the world outside of Japan)

My husband is picky as hell. His top three foods that he despises are:

Cinnamon (taste, smell)

Celery (taste, smell)

Cooked fruits

I LOVE fries with a chocolate milkshake or ice cream

Hm, I also eat habanero hot sauce on chocolate brownies.

I also LOVE Pancakes with peanutbutter, syrup, and fruit topping all together. People look at me like I am crazy.

I sorta stumbled onto this in boot camp. You only have a couple minutes to eat breakfast; peanut butter kept me full a long while & the fruit & syrup gave me energy. And, who can resist AirForce chow hall pancakes?

Exactly.

4. People look at me weird when I eat pizza with ranch

5. #5 Kushmonsterr, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    what! Why? Ranch was MADE FOR PIZZA!!!

Edit: in my world it was, anyways

6. I get called out for hating bacon, grease, and french fries.

I love jam/jelly on my pizza. Red Vine in a Coors light as a straw. Sushi mmmm, don't care if it's not "authentic".

7. #7 Kushmonsterr, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    i like to use a twizzler in my chocolate milk as a straw. My husband makes fun of me for being ' childish ' when I do that and other similar things. I try to tell him 'dont knock it till you try it' but he has selective hearing. Lol

Edit: never tried jelly on pizza. A specific flavour or any? I will try it next time.

Sounds just as good! Yeah, until you try it how can you really know?

I usually just use whatever I have. Sometimes it's mixed berry, sometimes just grape jam. Haven't found a bad one yet :)

9. I can't believe how many people hate sushi. Especially when half of them probably haven't even tried it! Like you said, authentic or not it's good stuff :yummy:

Ranch on pizza is pretty good too! I remember when I was in school, ranch was the only thing that made the pizza half decent :laughing:

10. #10 Kushmonsterr, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    i think a lot of people dont like sushi because they wont let their mind let go of the " omg its RAW MEAT " aspect. If you tell yourself its nasty, you will taste it and it will be nasty. Power of suggestion.

Edit: I -love- lobster & tuna sashimi

Right, and most sushi is cooked or steamed. It's not raw when you find it in the US. Sashimi is though right?

12. yes sashimi is raw. Some US sushi is lightly steamed then chilled (usually Chinese buffets), but authentic Japanese restaurants (not Chinese chains with Japanese food) will make it correctly. Sushi is sliced raw fish on top of rice. Sashimi is just sliced raw fish. In Japan, all the ingredients are very fresh. Plus sushi/sashimi is SO CHEAP in Japan!!!!

Yum I have heard it is different there, but I'd imagine only for the better! I think I may go get some for lunch :)

14. #14 bluntyoungballa, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    I'm not a picky eater at all but I don't care for sweets in general or sushi. The sushi isn't the fact it's raw I just don't like the flavor/texture so much. If someone else is buying I'll eat it though.

I absolutely love raw oysters. Sucks we can't get them real easily in pa.

I'll also add I love onions, garlic, olives, pickles, mustard and vinegar based BBQ.

15. onion is my fav food. I ask for extra onions on everything and people usually give me NO onions or they ask like ten time
    " are you sure?"
    Yes im fuckking sure!!!!!!

16. I can literally eat a whole sautéed onion with my steak. Cooked or raw I love onion.

17. I love me some raisin bran.

18. Bran cereal > corn cereal.

Get dat fiber! :laughing:

19. I like sushi, in fact when I go out a lot of places offer beef sashimi - thinly sliced raw beef over ice which I love! Raw beef is actually pretty good, and one of the safe(r) meats to eat raw. I've also never really had an issue with eating raw egg - not by itself, but in a smoothie to add some extra protein.

Pizza and ranch is delicious! I also like fish sticks with ranch.

20. A lot of people used to think I was crazy eating sushi and now, you see a ton of sushi bars in my town.