[Unofficial] New Features (w/ pics)

Discussion in 'General' started by Twistedd, May 14, 2013.

You can control your notification settings through your user control panel. 

2. I know it's obviously not working yet. But what is this "Display Name History" thing? I'm assuming we will be able to change the name people see when they go to our profile page or something?

3. #23 ComplexTofu, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    Just a quick question; does anyone know the resolution of the display picture on your profile?

Edit: Decided to take this matter into my own hands and found it to be 808x137 although it probably isn't the most accurate measurement.

4. Just like everyone always does with Facebook, I hated everything for about an hour and then realised that it's much, much better than it used to be.

Thanks for all the help Twistedd. This should definitely become FAQ for 'The GC Re-Up' thread. I envision far too many 'needing help' threads popping up as people start to come back to the site.

And I say that because even I made one a few hours back...

Annoying little fucker I am.

5. Speaking of that, is there anyway to close my thread from before now that it's been answered?

6. In the case of embedding videos, can we still just copy the URL minus 'http://'?

Or do we have to press the link tab and paste the url there?

Been trying to find info on this but I'm high as fuck. Gonna start posting music soon and I'd like to know so I don't look sloppy :smoking:

7. Great write up/thread Twistedd!

8. I tried posting links like usual copy paste but, it didn't post it as a link ... Used the hyperlink thing finally :p

9. On the mobile viewing version, it won't let me go to the next page of a thread. Also, how do I view 'current' threads like that of the old app?

10. #30 Deleted member 42976, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
    when i click on "Subscribed Threads" it takes me to a list of posts I have posted in recently not my subscribed threads.

Edit: It takes me to my Content page but there's no subscribed or followed threads

11. #31 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
    what does  registered upgraded user mean? on here

Consider yourself lucky.

It's even worse when yer straight. :(

13. You know how bad I wanted to smoke while I was doing it? I was relieved when the site started having blackouts so I could a little and get back to it.

14. I dig the new look.

15. How do I see my subscribed threads?  LIke I click on subscribed threads, but it only shows one at a time with no way to cycle through them, I can only see a different one by changing how they're ordered like by newest or number of replies etc., Is this just a bug?

16. I miss the "like" system

I miss the older version, in general

We still have a like system though, it's not even any different really :p 

18. Why are there adds now after the first post on each page? I don't like it at all. Can I make it go away?

19. what happened to reputation?

Already been asked many times. All your old rep was converted into likes and now all the likes you receive add to the "Like" bar on your profile. Just no green bar above your name