+-={Unofficial Autistic Discussion Thread}=-+

Discussion in 'General' started by Greenpirate7, Jun 13, 2010.

1. #1 Greenpirate7, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
    yeah i'm autistic(diagnosed 4% autistic) but i try not to mention it but people keep on bringing it up so how about you all discuss it here instead and keep it here!

*i can tell this not going to go well*

2. You can read minds?

3. My roommate last year was very autistic.

Looking back now, I regret saying the bad things I did about him, because he turned out to not be a bad person at all, despite his crazy behaviours and tendencies.

I think I learned from that experience, in that it made me way more tolerant to people. We had good conversations though. He actually was on a level where I could have actual intelligent talks with him. Not many people are around like that, it seems.

4. My little brother has autism so bad that he hasn't even learned how to talk at 11 years old

5. Ah man, that is so... ugh. Damn dude.

Do you have a special way of communicating with him, and vice versa? Sign language or some similar method?

6. Nope, No Idea what he's thinking. It's like an infant in a young boy's body

7. HAAH, i remember Wet Horse Lips autistic roommate rants, made me laugh so much.

8. How the fuck do they assign you a percentage? :confused:

9. Oh wow man, that has to be tough.

:(

Maybe you can become the next Miracle Worker.

They were fucking funny, eh. I was like, so pissed at him, but the truth is... I sort of miss him, weird as it is.

Yeah, I was wondering the same.

10. Haha that's funny. Are you going to get in touch with him again?

11. Yeah, I'm confused. I've never seen anyone diagnosed as a percentage autistic...

I have two cousins with Aspergers's, one has Aspergers and is pretty functional, they're both socially awkward and have some speech problems. Both are extremely intelligent. The older cousin also has either OCD or some other disorder that causes him to be paranoid a lot, especially about food and germs.

12. Seems like most people today are at least 12% autistic because their inability to use simple logic and reasoning. I kid, I kid.

13. Hear hear, this man agrees with you.

14. Ah.. a rare truth speaker has emerged. How refreshing.

15. #15 Wet Horse Lips, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
    Well, people don't think anymore. They rely on someone else to decide or think for them, and then complain when the outcome or result is not favourable to them. Living your life by means of reason, and logical thinking, and you'll be alright. Maybe not in the eyes of others, but they're irrelevant. Think for yourself; live for yourself.

No point in apologizing, either. "I kid, I kid" is not needed. You won't offend anyone with the truth. WELL, many people know the truth most times; they are living in fear of the "repercussions" they will face and refuse to the name the problems publicly, scared to offend anyone who thinks otherwise. Why this is, I don't know. I speak the truth most days, or at least, whatever is on my mind and my mother refers to it as "sarcasm" and "cynicism".

Alright Mom, that'll do... that'll do.

16. Exactly, people are way to dependent nowadays, its almost like they arent human,

17. Oh no, many are not in touch with their own minds; they turn them off, and as a result, forfeit any possibility of being a rational, thinking human being. Sad, but true. There are reasons I'm not inclined to talk to everyone I see, just to make pointless, oftentimes phatic, conversation. Nothing to gain from it.

To keep this thread on track... autism autism autism autism autism ASPERGERS autism autism

18. idk i was just diagnosed that thats what the docter said

19. ya the only person i know well thats autistic in real life is greenpirate. ive met a lot of autistic people though, some more than others. and ya, i dont know how they would assign a percent of autism, maybe the doctor was just fucking with you.

20. You know, just because he has the white lab coat and the degree on the wall, doesn't mean you should believe everything an esteemed authority says.