Unless youve been pregnant, you cant speak on abortion.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MrPhilleh, Oct 9, 2010.

1. With compassion,

2. i think that is smart

3. well i hope there not people cause we be killin um anyhow:smoke:

4. the title is flawed. Your pretty much saying unless you've done something, you cant have an opinion.

5. That's what everyones assuming, but I've implied that it's just if your pregnant because pregnancy can't happen to everyone, but other things like death, disease, or anything else can happen to anyone, so anyones opinion is just as good about those topics because they can effect anyone.

6. anyone can have an opinion about anything. its the right to speak freely. People may speak on abortion even though they cant get pregnant because they may feel that life is important or w.e.

7. Again, anyone can have an opinion, it's the doing something that effects other peoples lives is where the line should be drawn.

8. Unless you've been shot, you can't talk about gun control

9. Ok, while i see where your arguments coming from(i think, correct me if im wrong):
    Only people who can experience pregnancy can affect the laws that have to do with pregnancy.

The main problem i see with that, is although men can't actually get pregnant doesn't mean that an abortion does not affect them. Abortions can affect everyone, say a couple gets pregnant on accident and the father is ready to be a father but the mother is not so she goes out and gets an abortion, would you say that the mans life wasn't affected by this, everyone has an opinion on abortion and has their right to affect the laws regarding it. I am aware that you said anyone who would be directly affected by it in your OP, but when you compared it to things like death disease etc, no one who has experienced death can affect any rules in society about does that mean we shouldn't have laws about murder etc?
    well anyway just started rambling lol if it doesn't make sense i apologize :smoke:

10. not as messy as an abortion!

:hide:

11. Takes 2 to make babies. I am a Father, Dad, and Pop. Even if I wasn't I can speak about abortion. Try this. If you're a mother you can't speak about testosterone, sports, fucking up some shithead that bad-mouthed your mother, or a woman that killed your baby because she has the right. Wait. Yes you can. You are free. You have the freedom to do what you like, say what you want to say, wear edible undies, and jump off a bridge. Stop telling males what they can comment on. Or don't. You are free. Enjoy it before it gets taken away from you. Or don't. Your life is yours.

12. Anyone that aborts a child of mine will be aborted themselves.

13. What's up with them stopping the holocaust when they weren't even Germans.

14. Nobody is forcing you to have an abortion.

15. I'm a father and faced my ex wanting an abortion. That was my response when all rational conversation failed.

16. Ah, I see. I've never been in that situation (yet?) but I imagine it'd be really frustrating. A child is just as much a creation of the father as it is the mother's.

Did she end up going through with it?

17. No, fortunately she gave birth to a healthy baby boy:hello:! Neither one of us were ready for it, but I just couldn't live with myself if I had let it happen. During our divorce she allowed me to have custody in return for her pick of our furniture:confused:

18. anyone can speak on it, cuz really it's not even about abortion, its about government control. A woman should be able to have an abortion if she wants for the same reason that we should be able to smoke weed if we want. What gives the government the right to say what we can/can't do with our own bodies? If people wanna get an abortion, sniff some fishscale, or smoke a tree, then that should be their own choice.

19. A woman should have the right to have an abortion but if she gets pregnant out of wedlock, and does not abort the fetus, she should not have the right to receive court-ordered child support, unless the man agreed in advance to support it.

20. Exactly this. Also, I think anyone should be able to speak about anything. Are abortionists and anti-abortionists trying to restrict the 1st amendment here!?