Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Unlawful possession of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TonyTheTaiga, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Hello Im a student currently attending UB and receiving financial. a couple months ago, I got a ticket for UPM. now, my question is the first time i got a UPM (my second time unfortunately, come from a doomed area which I decided never to go back too) the public attorney who defended me got me reduced to disorderly conduct and i paid a 140$ ticket. And I remember him telling that, its better this way because if i ever get caught again that i could ask for a reduction to a ACOD. I went to court once and asked for a reduction and am now waiting for my second date. My question's is, what are my chances of getting a ACOD? I don't have money currently to afford a lawyer. And worst case scenario, will it effect my Financial Aid? I've read some posts where they claim you can still check no under convicted of a crime under the Fasfa form and them still receiving aid. Also, how should i approach this in court? Should i just straight up tell him if he can reduce to ACOD so that I can still receive my financial aid? Please help, thank you. 

2. as long as its not a felony possession you're golden with financial aid.  

how old are you?  have you gotten in trouble any other time?  if this is your second posession and you filed for ACOD the judge might not be a lenient on dismissal BUT you do have a good chance if you are in good standing with your community (steady job, good grades, no other crimes on your record except marijuana).  in my opinion, judges are the nice ones and they are there to punish you in accordance with what you deserve.  if these are your only crimes you may come out on top and get it dropped.  good luck.