university

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Hakuna Matata, Jul 29, 2010.

1. I just finished my first year of university, and have been with my girlfriend since the beginning (hooked up the first week)
    we were both virgins before, and i do really care about her and like her but i feel as though university is the time to get wild and ... well basically sleep with as many girls as i can :p

should i get out of the relationship and look for some one night stands? or stay?
    - i dont think one night stands are as easy as the movies make it out to be:D
    on the other hand i dont want to give up sex and a cooked meal every night

2. #2 Looshin, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
    That's... truly, truly horrible, consider university time to grow up to become an adult, does that really sound like the mature or compassionate thing to do?

3. no, i know i sounded like a monster but, im not

but listening to your friends brag about stories all the time makes you feel a bit left out!

4. It shouldn't make you feel left out it should make you feel like the better man because you're above something so stupid.

5. Thanks for the reply, it showed me how wrong i was! :)

6. When your friends are complaining to you about the girl they boned 2 weeks ago telling them they may have herpes, you can have a laugh.

In my experience, it's always better to have a girl on the reg aka girlfriend.

7. #7 theVirtuoso, Jul 29, 2010
    Generally, it is better to be in a relationship rather than simply hooking up left and right, but don't stay in a relationship just for the sake of being in one. How has your relationship been lately? There's surely more to your reasoning for having these thoughts... and the way you talked about your girlfriend made it seem, at least to me, that there isn't really much passion anymore.

If you really want to make it work with your girl, you can't let these kinds of things get to you because a girl will know something is up sooner or later; they tend to notice subtle changes. Maybe you should try something new in bed, or anything you think might bring you two closer together.

But that's only if you truly want to be in a relationship and make it work with this girl. You have to decide whether your time with her is time well spent, or time wasted. If you're just in the relationship for sex, personally (and I know some won't agree here) I would call it quits and I wouldn't be limiting myself to only one girl. Sexual exploration is great and in my opinion, a part of growing up.

8. Yes i do care about her and ive put a lot into this relationship to make it work but weve been arguing a lot lately
    i know its healthy but
    i mean a lot, a lot
    thats why i was wondering whether it is worth all the hassle, or whether just awkward mornings every now and then would be less stressful haha

9. I love how you're asking people online whether your relationship is 'worth the hassle'. You're the only one who can answer that.
    This is fucking ridiculous.

10. It sounds like you want to break up with her. You really don't need to use the university hook up experience as an excuse to do that.

11. #11 Casual Toker, Jul 29, 2010
    I hope your not thinking about doing this because of what you hear from your friends, (or college movies) talking about all the chicks they boned...

Having a monogamous relationship can be hard to come by, but in the end it's up to you... don't listen to a bunch of potheads on the internet.